Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Custom Tim Noyes FalchionRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Frances Perry
Industry Professional

Reading list: 10 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 05 Mar, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: For Sale: Custom Tim Noyes Falchion         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I am selling a brand new custom made falchion built by Tim Noyes of Heron Armouries based in the UK.

Tim Noyes is a very highly regarded sword maker, and is particularly well known in the re-enactment circuit for excellent quality workmanship and durable, lasting blades. I personally know several re-enactment colleagues who have had Tim Noyes swords for over 5 years, and they look as good as they did the day they were forged.

Anyway, the falchion was ordered as a customised sword by myself for the new re-enactment season, but since this time I have developed a lower back problem, so it looks like I won't be throwing myself down the field with the falchion and buckler any time soon.

I have attached several pictures of the sword, handle and tip.

Specs

Blade length from tip to quillon - 24 inches.
length of handle from bottom of pommel to quillon - 5 inches
length of handle from top of pommel to quillon - 7 inches
The handle is firmly wrapped with leather and sealed at the quillon with a brass band.
Weight - 2.5 pounds (lbs)

The blade has one fuller which runs from the quillon 21 inches down the blade.
The blade widens with the curve of the falchion edge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SWORD IS BLUNT - it is UK regulation 3mm edge on the 'cutting side' and 5 mm from the quillon 'blunt side' to 3mm at 21 inches (to simulate the double cutting edge round the top 3 inches of the tip of the sword).

The quillon is an 's' curved version which serves to protect the fingers/ knuckles from a cut or strike.

This sword has no dents, scratches, rust patches or blemishes - it is brand new.

I would like £230 for this falchion. (I believe that is $325 USD or 259 EUROS) Postage within the UK will be £8. Postage internationally will probably be around the £20 mark for USA, etc.

I will accept a Paypal payment for those who are international individuals, and additionally a cheque from those in the UK.

Please feel free to email me at wa_char21@hotmail.com for details or to conclude the transaction.

And just so I cover myself! THIS IS NOT A TOY. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR USING THIS ITEM IN THE CORRECT MANNER AND WITHOUT THREAT TO OTHERS. YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO PURCHASE THIS ITEM

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.”
- Achille Marozzo, 1536
Frances Perry
Industry Professional

Reading list: 10 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Regarding the Falchion         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This item is still for sale.

Thank you.

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.”
- Achille Marozzo, 1536

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Custom Tim Noyes FalchionRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic