Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Dynasty Forge Daimyo F/F Tri-Steel Katana has arrived!!! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tom Carson

PostPosted: Sun 01 Mar, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Dynasty Forge Daimyo F/F Tri-Steel Katana has arrived!!!         Reply with quote

The sword arrived a few hours ago Big Grin I've been admiring it, and taking photos for a soon to be released review.

Please let me put this into better context. This is my first sword I'm a novice, and eager to learn.

My first impression is that the sword is beautiful!!! All the photos I've seen cannot compare to the real deal. The blade is just as Aaron describes them. It is beautifully polished, like a soft mirror with depth. The Hada is not OTT, the Hamon is very nice, the Yokote I do feel is weak, and the Tsuka/fittings are very nice, but the Kashira is a little loose. The 1st third of the Saya is covered in Same which is a unique bonus. The Kurikata is very nice, however there is some flash, or sharp edge inside which snags the Sageo. That is the only flaw I find, and I'll fix that with some gentle burnishing. Photos will be in the review.

The service from Shawn at MantisSwords.com was fantastic, and I would highly recommend him.

I would love to have Aaron do a custom Tsuka for me someday.

I am interested in learning Japanese Swordsmanship, i.e., Iaido. If anyone knows someone to contact regarding this in the Duluth, Minnesota area I'd appreciate it.

I guess that's all for now.

Thanks,
Tom

"You never know what the other person knows."

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Dynasty Forge Daimyo F/F Tri-Steel Katana has arrived!!!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic