Hilt Overall Length: 6-3/8 inches
Length of Handle: 4 inches
Guard Type: 6 w/hexagonal section
Pommel Type: J
Center of Gravity: 4 inches from guard
Location of Blade Node (measured from Guard): 21-1/2 inches
Primary Hilt Node: approx. 1/2 inch from cross on handle
Weight: 2lbs 8 oz
Sword in the style of arming swords from the latter half of the 13thC. through the 14th C. The strongly tapered blade has a fuller on either face that runs from the tang towards the point for a length of approx. 20 inches. The blade is 5160 spring steel and is marquenched and tempered to approx. HRc52-53, tang and base of the blade drawn back to HRc45-48. While tapering stongly in profile the sword has a 38% distal taper, so it is quite rigid for thrusting. The hilt furniture is mild steel. The handle is hardwood tightly wrapped in linen cord with leather risers at either end, then is covered in leather.
The tang is 3/4 inch broad at the base and tapers to approx. 1/2 inch wide where it enters the pommel. The base of the pommel is keyed over the rectangular section of the tang. The hilt may be taken down using a 5mm Allen wrench.
Pretty happy with this one!

Last edited by Michael Pearce on Thu 26 Feb, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
I like the shapes of the pommel and guard. Nice work.
You are on a sword building tear lately Tinker. You just keep showing all of these great swords and it is killing me. Please keep up the great work.

Scott
Mr. Pearce - Will any of these beautiful designs you've been turning out be serving as prototypes for mass production with Hanwei or another company?
Josh MacNeil wrote:
Mr. Pearce - Will any of these beautiful designs you've been turning out be serving as prototypes for mass production with Hanwei or another company?

No- these are all just 1-off hand-mades. There will be several more models produced by Hanwei, but none of these are among them. Though the falchion may have tempted them just a wee bit...
Simple and pretty.
I really like the guard on that one. The multi-angle face looks really good.
Michael Pearce wrote:
Josh MacNeil wrote:

No- these are all just 1-off hand-mades. There will be several more models produced by Hanwei, but none of these are among them. Though the falchion may have tempted them just a wee bit...

Fantastic piece. I love the way it terminates from fuller to medial ridge. I really wish they would make a line of these!

M.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: