For Sale: Spangenhelm and Vambraces
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I'm looking to get rid of a couple of my old armor bits. I'm in the market for a new helmet, and I'm unloading these to facilitate that.

Spangenhelm:
Purchased about three years ago from Medieval Armour England (a website which now seems to be defunct). Solidly-built, riveted construction, steel approximately 2mm thick. Worn only occasionally for costume purposes. Some minor oxidation discoloration and scratches, most of which actually date to when I originally purchased it.

Internal circumference is about 29 inches (which is the main reason I’m getting rid of it—without padding it is just too big for me). When purchased, it had no liner or chinstrap. I added the liner and simple chinstrap later using vegetable tanned leather, held in by epoxy. I would not suggest using it for reenactment fighting without reinforcing or replacing the chinstrap.

Asking price: $100

Vambraces:
Consists of upper cannon, couter, and lower cannon, with leather covering the inside of the lower arm. Large enough to fit over maille and gambeson (or on your knees with no padding). Has a distinct hand-made quality, including the maker’s pen-marks on the inside of one of the leather arm coverings. Some scuffs and what appears to be old oxidation stains (no active rust), particularly on the right lower cannon.

I purchased these almost five years ago, and they have done nothing but sit in a box of packing peanuts since then. I’ve given them a quick once-over with some polish and oil to remove five years of neglect and get them back to the condition I purchased them in.

Asking Price $100

Shipping included anywhere in CONUS. Prices are negotiable. Also willing to entertain a trade of both items, particularly a good-quality 13th to mid 14th C. kettlehelm.

Attachment: 35.09 KB
CIMG9093.jpg

Attachment: 36.74 KB
CIMG9096.jpg

Attachment: 40.96 KB
CIMG9099.jpg

Attachment: 40.96 KB
CIMG9101.jpg

Attachment: 46.62 KB
CIMG9103.jpg

Attachment: 47.38 KB
CIMG9105.jpg

Eric -- I'm interested in the spangenhelm, but I'm not at home right now, so I can't get hold of my tailor's tape measure to check the circumference and see if it might actually fit this oversized skull of mine. (Seriously. I have a HUGE head. When I saw your ad, I was pleasantly surprised.)

It'll be another hour or so before I'm home, but I'll take my measurement and PM you with the results either tonight or in the morning, depending on how tired I am. Just wanted to get in on the ground floor, so to speak.

Both items are still available.

Spangenhelm $100 Shipped US

Arms $100 Shipped US

Bump-ba-buh-bump

Both items are still available,

$100, shipped, or best offer.
I am willing to go lower, since my wife won't let me get the new helmet until I get rid of these.

The vambraces are SOLD

The Helmet is still available, now asking $80 shipped CONUS, or reasonable offer.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: