Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Hello all, and a collection pic...
Hello everyone.

It's been quite some time since I've posted here so I thought I'd reintroduce myself with a photo of my collection. There are a few things that don't make the "varsity" like a few Hanwei pieces, as well as bits of armor and kit that wouldn't fit in the photo. This is the meat of it in its current form.

[ Linked Image ]

Comments welcome.
Welcome back, Patrick!
Your collection looks even more impressive than I remember. The Jarl and Axe are always incredible, and I've long admired them, but that seax! Really incredible. May I ask who made it? The continuity of the grips really adds elegance as well.
Tim May wrote:
Welcome back, Patrick!
Your collection looks even more impressive than I remember. The Jarl and Axe are always incredible, and I've long admired them, but that seax! Really incredible. May I ask who made it? The continuity of the grips really adds elegance as well.

Thanks Tim.

The seax has always been one of my favorite knives and this one was made by Vince Evans. It's one of his early works from over twenty years ago. More information here: http://www.myArmoury.com/review_ve_seax.html
I had forgotten about your Barta piece. It really is nice seeing it to scale with t he other items. I get a much better sense of the proportions of the hilt... even better than the "in hand" photo, strangely...

What is the sword with the cross on the pommel? An Albion Senlac? how did you do the cross?
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I had forgotten about your Barta piece. It really is nice seeing it to scale with t he other items. I get a much better sense of the proportions of the hilt... even better than the "in hand" photo, strangely...

What is the sword with the cross on the pommel? An Albion Senlac? how did you do the cross?

The scabbard on the Barta sword adds to the coolness factor.
[ Linked Image ]

The sword with the cross is indeed the Senlac. This one has become my primary sword for use with my 11th century kit and I wanted to add a bit of detail, so I fixed a small bronze cross to both sides of the pommel. I planned on using JB Weld to fix it in place but couldn't find any, so I wound up using Gorilla Super Glue. It seems to be securely attached and I think I'd tear it up trying to get it off.

[ Linked Image ]

Here's a couple of photos of the A&A hanger I bought with the rapier.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Good to see you posting again Patrick. Is that the Big Johnsson between the Baron & the Jarl? Also where is Milestone, is it no longer in your collection or did you just not include it in these group photo's?
Paul Watson wrote:
Good to see you posting again Patrick. Is that the Big Johnsson between the Baron & the Jarl? Also where is Milestone, is it no longer in your collection or did you just not include it in these group photo's?

Hello Paul.

Yes, that's the BJ in there. Unfortunately Milestone went to finance the Barta piece, but it found a good home with another collector.
That is a great looking collection ideed Patrick! It is also ggod to see you here again. Do you have any pics of the BJ by itself? What are the stats on it?

Scott
Scott Kowalski wrote:
That is a great looking collection ideed Patrick! It is also ggod to see you here again. Do you have any pics of the BJ by itself? What are the stats on it?

Scott

Thanks Scott, it's nice to be back.

The Big Johnsson: http://www.myArmoury.com/review_pj_bj.html
Hello,

You have a very nice collection, and unquestionably exceptional taste. I especially enjoy the scabbard on the Barta sword.

Brian
Its good to see you back here, Patrick.

What happened to your Reeve? I can't imagine your collection without a sword with a brazil nut pommel.
Thank you Brian.

Roger,

The Reeve was another unfortunate victim of financial choices and it went to finance the A&A rapier and hanger.
Good to have you back mate.
Your collection looks great! I really like the cross on the Senlac. It gives it a bit of flash and makes it personalized. That Axe is a beauty too....come to think of it, all these weapons look good! Welcome back.
Nice to have you back Patrick (and the collection looks great as always)!
Dan
Nice picture, Patrick. If I wasn't so green with envy I'd probably welcome you back ;)
Hey Patrick!

Glad to see you!
You keep your swords in good repair :)
I have aged considerately more than that sword I made for you :\
Patrick nice to have you back even if it does mean that I will have to post a lot to catch up to you in the number of posts. ;) :lol:

Very nice pics by the way. :cool:

Oh, and I'm getting axe envy since mine is smaller, although it's a nice one as you should remember. :D
'ello and good see you Patrick. Nice photos of your wares.

cheers,

Bill
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Hey Patrick!

Glad to see you!
You keep your swords in good repair :)
I have aged considerately more than that sword I made for you :\

Hello Peter!

I prefer "seasoned" over aged. :D

When I saw you on the video for the Arn movies I noticed more grey hairs compared to the last time we met. You're starting to catch up with me.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: