Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > So what are they worth? ... anyone want em? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joe Skeesick

PostPosted: Wed 12 May, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: So what are they worth? ... anyone want em?         Reply with quote

I find myself lightening my load as I prepare for my upcoming move to Florence and in among the clutter I have found my old Del Tin DT2150 (15th cent sword) and ballock dagger. Both in pretty good shape (sword has one or two small edge nicks, dagger is pretty much new condition) I've no need for the things and might as well sell them to someone that does.

Anyone know their value? Better yet anyone want to buy em? I'm not much of a sword collector and I've not kept up on things so I've no idea if Del Tin is still making them or not. Any help would be appreciated.

J
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 12 May, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

I sent you a private message regarding your ballock dagger...

-Jay

by the way, which model is it, 5158 0r 2154?

Constant and true.
Mike Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed 12 May, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are they worth? ... anyone want em?         Reply with quote

Joe Skeesick wrote:
...I have found my old Del Tin DT2150 (15th cent sword) and ballock dagger. Both in pretty good shape (sword has one or two small edge nicks,...

Anyone know their value?...
J

Hi Joe,

The DT2150 "Sword of E. Visconti of Milan" currently sells for $325 new. I've always thought that was a nice looking sword, but at 36 inches overall and 3.5 lbs. it seems a wee bit "chunky". Haven't had the chance to handle one myself though.

Regards,

Mike
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 12 May, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are they worth? ... anyone want em?         Reply with quote

Mike Fletcher wrote:
Hi Joe,

The DT2150 "Sword of E. Visconti of Milan" currently sells for $325 new. I've always thought that was a nice looking sword, but at 36 inches overall and 3.5 lbs. it seems a wee bit "chunky". Haven't had the chance to handle one myself though.

Regards,

Mike

The 2150 is overweight (compared to the original) but handles pretty well. People at the last Ohio gathering seemed to like it. Also, Oakeshott referred to a lot of type XV's as "rather heavy."

The POB is pretty close, which gives a lot of tip control.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Mike Fletcher

PostPosted: Thu 13 May, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are they worth? ... anyone want em?         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Mike Fletcher wrote:
Hi Joe,

Regards,

Mike

The 2150 is overweight (compared to the original) but handles pretty well. People at the last Ohio gathering seemed to like it. Also, Oakeshott referred to a lot of type XV's as "rather heavy."

The POB is pretty close, which gives a lot of tip control.

Thanks Chad Happy

So Joe, have you set an asking price for the Del Tin yet?

Regards,

Mike
Joe Skeesick

PostPosted: Wed 19 May, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry for not checking in earlier (workshop time eats away at my online time).

The sword I guess would be good to sell at say $200. It's in pretty good shape. I'll give it a good waxing before sending it to it's new owner anyway....

As for the dagger, well it's the right of the picture above. Still not sure what the damn thing is worth though. It is essencially "as new" I just haven't found any of the daggers from Del Tin listed.

J
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 19 May, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well this DT rondel dagger seems similar to the ballock dagger and i is going for $150 at Albion.

Constant and true.
Joe Skeesick

PostPosted: Thu 20 May, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Jay.

$100 sounds fair then.

J

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > So what are they worth? ... anyone want em?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic