New Work! Pattern welded seax
Hey guys, I finished up another pattern welded seax and wanted to share it. It is forged from L6/O1 with a solid L6 edge. I started forging this seax together on Chistmas eve and worked through the holiday week so you can say this is my "holiday" piece. I wish I had a great story or a witty story to go along with this one but I'll let the work stand for its self. I am asking for $1600 plus shipping for this piece.

Here are some specs.
Overall: 27”
Blade: 20 1/4”
Spine thickness at base: 5/16"
Fuller length: 13 1/2”
Width at base: 1 3/4”
Weight: 1lb 11oz
Balancing Point: 5” from guard

Attachment: 66.83 KB
100_2936_x.jpg

Attachment: 104.78 KB
100_2939_x.jpg

Attachment: 86.22 KB
100_2942_x.jpg

Attachment: 106.54 KB
100_2943_x.jpg

vry nice
outstanding work. u gentalmen ur vry skilled indeed at what u do
TYR is smiling down at u. well done
This peice is gorgeous! I think I drooled when I saw it! I have 2 seaxes made by Michael and I can say that his work is outstanding. It is even nicer in person and feels great! I'm sure this piece is the same! Great work Michael. I'm already envious of whoever buys this seax!
Sure does look pretty in the photos.
You gotta stop doing this stuff while I'm broke!

Beautiful work as always Michael! Wonderful patterning.
Wow, a really wonderful piece but WAY beyond my range right now with all that's going on. I hope someone snatches it up.
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It was a joy to bring this piece to life and hope to build off of what I learned from making this one to make the next one even better!
I love this seax, Michael. I wish I had more than compliments to pay you. I remember reading a post from Peter Johnsson in which he stated his belief that handles on seaxes were more than plain wooden pieces. There may be scant evidence of this, but it makes sense to me that artisans would decorate the handles on these weapons if they could. I certainly would have, and in fact, I'm trying to carve one now but am only deveoping a dislike for Dremel tools.

Anyway, I really like the carving and wire wrap on this handle. And the pattern welded blade is beautiful. Love that appleseed edge, too. Well done, sir.
Great grip, just perfect! Decorated but not overdone. (though I guess with that blade no one would make fun of owner if it had too fancy a handle anyway :-)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: