Angus Trim 1566 Custom Handmade Scabbard
I would like to share my recent commission that I completed.

The sword is the Angus Trim 1566. I custom mixed my own Ox Blood dye for this project. I did a special tri-tone cord wrapped grip to compliment the scabbard.

The chape is handmade and features a custom made finial.

Various lighting techniques used to potray how the scabbard looks, and enhance features.

Thanks for looking. More images along with all of my scabbard work can be found here:
http://www.dbkcustomswords.com/handmadescabbard.html

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
You are a very mean man indeed Brian. I promised my wife nothing this year in medieval related items after the 2 custom commisions I have out there are finished. You sure do make it hard for a man to keep his word. Though as they say, it is easier to ask for forgiveness then permission! :D Time to start socking some money away from other hobbies.

Please do keep up the great work.

Scott
I refuse to believe something that awesome can actually exist. I call sorcerery!

Excellent work!

M.
Thank you for the fine words of compliment. It's always nice to hear them!
Brian K. wrote:
Thank you for the fine words of compliment. It's always nice to hear them!
That is an awesome scabbard Brian!
The chape and finial are the best of yours I've seen yet. I'm very impressed with the silver over the bronze. It looks really good.
Brian

as always a fine scabbard. and i know that your work will only get better. thats why i am sending you my Ringeck.
An other DBK scabbard, i am so lucky. now all i need is my Knecht and i will have a trifecta.
Beautiful job Brian!
Now that is very classy work without being overstated, nice nice match to
the sword. I particularly like the raised leather work in the middle part as
well as the extra touch around the mouth of the scabbard. B-)
Thanks everyone. The chape was designed on paper, and the idea was to come up with a chape that was very complimentary, yet not overstated. Knowing from the beginning there wouldn't be any suspension, it was determined that a little extra flare would be ok, as the overall design wouldn't be too busy.
I see mentioned that the chape is "silver over bronze" ... what are the actual materials used?
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I see mentioned that the chape is "silver over bronze" ... what are the actual materials used?

The chape itself is Steel, blackened with a heat & vegetable oil process to match the hilt furniture. The insert is brass.
Brian K. wrote:
The chape itself is Steel, blackened with a heat & vegetable oil process to match the hilt furniture. The insert is brass.

Very cool. I couldn't really tell if the insert was brass or not. Either way, I like it.

The overall impression is great. I like your creative flare, too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: