Knives and spearhead for sale + some new stuff
Hello all.
Some of you already have noticed news on my web site. ;)
Yes, I have started to make pattern-welded blades by my own. So far I have been making knives with blades mostly made by my friend Robert Kapusta, but lately I was really overworked and i needed something fresh and new to re-find enthusiasm to work.

The effect is - I fell in love with making this stuff. :lol:

Now there will be two options : knives with blades made by me or knives with blades made by Robert (alias Bert).

Here are few photos of my work.

1) Pattern-welded Viking spearhead with inlayed funnel.
Hand-forged, as always. Inlay of silver and copper wire. This is first spear-head in this kind made by me. So it is not a strict replica of one archaeological find, but it is made "in style" of Swedish spear-heads from Viking period.

[ Linked Image ]

First so big inlay by me:
[ Linked Image ]

Price : 2400 PLN
Total length : 39,3 cm
Blade's length : 24,8cm
Length of inlayed funnel : 14,5cm

More photos here: http://www.thorkil.pl/spear.htm

2) Knife with pattern-welded blade and handle of black oak, mahogany, antler and brass.
[ Linked Image ]

Price: 900 PLN
Total length: 21,4cm
Blade's length: 10,7cm
Handle's length: 10,7cm

More photos here: http://www.thorkil.pl/knife1.htm

3) Knife with pattern-welded blade with handle made of black oak, brass, mahogany, copper and silver.

[ Linked Image ]

Both sides of the blade:
[ Linked Image ]

Price: 750 PLN
Total length: 19cm
Blade's length: 9,6cm
Handle's length: 9,4cm

More photos here: http://www.thorkil.pl/knife2.htm

4) Knife with pattern-welded blade and handle of mahogany, antler and brass.
[ Linked Image ]

Price: 990 PLN
Total length (without the ring): 24cm
Blade's length: 13,6cm
Handle's length: 10,4cm

More photos are here: http://www.thorkil.pl/knife4.htm

And here is link to some photos of production process : http://www.thorkil.pl/dziwer.htm
Unfortunately only in Polish... But there is not much reading. ;)

And here are 2 knives that I didn't manage to put on my site yet.
These are two versions of knife from Birka, grave 837.

Here is version with blade made by Robert, the rest made by me:
[ Linked Image ]

And here is version made solely by me, including the blade. Unfortunately my camera doesn't work well lately, so the photo isn't good. :(
[ Linked Image ]

As always, feel free to comment. Especially that those are my first products in this type, so I will be grateful for any advice or remark. :)
Briliant work Greg!

Both knives and spear looks great. I especially like the inlays of the spear and the circular markings on the knife 4 handle.
I'm glad to hear you have a newfound passion for work. You seem to do very well in most reenacment-crafts areas.

Give my best to Gracjana.

Regards,

/Ville
Thank you, Ville. :) I always appreciate every good word from you. :)
Greetings for Kirsten. ;)
Grzegorz,

This is beautiful work. I love this style of knife, it's one of my favorites especially with the elaborate metalwork on the sheaths. I'm particularly impressed with the spear head though, the inlay on the socket is particularly impressive.
Thank you very much, Patrick. :)
I really like this type of knives and scabbards. :)
Regarding to inlay on spear head - I will be making hilt for Birka sword with similar inlay. Robert Kapusta is making blade for it and he almost finished. :) However I don't know when I have time for making the hilt... But when it's done, I will show the whole sword here.
That spear head is wicked cool. Loving that. I also love the work on the sheaths for the knives. Nice looking stuff for sure.
Re: Knives and spearhead for sale + some new stuff
Grzegorz Kulig wrote:
As always, feel free to comment. Especially that those are my first products in this type, so I will be grateful for any advice or remark. :)
The only advice I can give, is keep them coming! :) Each one is just absolutely gorgeous. The patternwelding, the polish, the combination of materials in the hilts, the fit and finish all look just incredible. And the spearhead is just beyond belief. I just can't get over how well the inlays are excecuted!
Matthew and Jeroen - I really don't know what to write... :blush: Thank you very much for this very kind opinion. It's very important for me, especially as it is written by other craftsmen who I respect very much. :blush:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Grzegorz,

This is beautiful work. I love this style of knife, it's one of my favorites especially with the elaborate metalwork on the sheaths. I'm particularly impressed with the spear head though, the inlay on the socket is particularly impressive.

Yes Patrick said it well so I'm just quoting him and adding my admiration for your skill and artistry. :cool:
Thank you very much, Jean. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: