Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Tinker Backsword blade on a Albion squireline Clontarf hilt Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Karl Knisley

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Tinker Backsword blade on a Albion squireline Clontarf hilt         Reply with quote

Hello
I wanted a rather unique looking viking sword.And this is what i got.I realy like it.Is there any similar types, of single edged, viking swords?
Sort of a seax-sword?The blade does look kind of seax-y (not sexy) :-)

Thanks for looking

Last edited by Karl Knisley on Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Interesting look.

There was something actually called the "long sax" or "longsax," but it seems to have been more similar to the Albion Berserkr than the kind of shape you are referring to (sort of a broken-back seax if I am not mistaken). I am only passingly familiar with this specific subject so you may find that the longsax includes more of a variety of single-edged sword forms than I am finding. Also, our own Broken-Back Seax article mentions some longer seaxes that may have been wielded with two hands.

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Please have a look at our article, The Sword Typology of Alfred Geibig where it describes the single-edged Geibig Type 14. You can get a sense of how an authentic single-edged Viking sword may have looked.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Tinker Backsword blade on a Albion squireline Clontarf hilt
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic