Some more attempts at grip-wrapping...
Here are a couple more attempts I made a grip wrapping.

Hanwei Practical Viking Sword - I use this for a practice one-hander. As you know, the stock grip is terrible on these for the most part. I went for a less refined look using a spiral riser and Scotchbrite pad for the texture. It feels pretty good, the riser locks the sword into your hand:

Old Model Windlass German Bastard Sword - Why Windlass called this a bastard sword, I am not sure. I always thought it to be more of a sword rapier. Anyway, this is my friend's first sword and he wanted a new wrap. This one was really challenging due to the shape of the grip, especially the taper. He was excited with the results and I was pretty happy the way it turned out.

I took advice from here and left a little more leather on the guard and pommel. It came out well with really good riser and undercord definition.

Thanks for the advice you guys have given. I'll keep working on it!
Looks good, viking looks nice and comfy..but I really like the wrap on your G.B, great job on both!
Jonathan

As you said, really nice. They turned out well. I think I may have to work on some of my hilts now.

Bryan
No problemo. Always looking for more practice! Merry Christmas! :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: