Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 27 Dec, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Sale         Reply with quote

For the next few days we'll be having a " crap, Christmas is already over! " progressive sale. Order one item, take 5% off, two items take 10% off, three items 15% off, order four items or more and take 20% off your entire order. If you're part of any re-enactment, WMA, SCA or other historical medieval/renaissance group this is an excellent opportunity for a big discount on a group order. See here http://www.merctailor.com/index.php . Contact us for details and payment http://www.merctailor.com/contact.php for 2-3 piece or larger orders as the site software will only accomodate single percentage discounts.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, we've heard the crickets chirping and little else on this in five days so we'll heed the crickets and barring some sort of interest by the end of the day close this down. We had thought this was a pretty good deal, getting as much as 20% off your order and registered to potentially win $300 of free stuff but we've not had so much as an inquirey so it seems we're mistaken.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Well, we've heard the crickets chirping and little else on this in five days so we'll heed the crickets and barring some sort of interest by the end of the day close this down. We had thought this was a pretty good deal, getting as much as 20% off your order and registered to potentially win $300 of free stuff but we've not had so much as an inquirey so it seems we're mistaken.

Seems a bit disappointing Allan, and I hope it isn't a longterm slump, but it is right after Xmas and probably many are tapped out financially for a while and sleeping off huge meals or on vacation or thinking of other things and not even going on-line to know about the sale or specials. Wink Question

Anyway trying to be " encouraging " and explain the " crickets " and hope things pic up again soon.

Oh, and there is that $300 of free stuff if one hasn't bought anything qualifying for this month's prizes and the 20% off is sure attractive if one has something(S) they are planning to buy anyway in a couple of months and one hasn't smashed the pigging banks yet and can find some ready cash. Wink Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Christopher Treichel

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would give it a few days... if my office at work is any indication about 50% of the folks here are on vacation... Things will probably return to normalcy next week.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

According to the news here all week, we're supposed to be having the biggest Christmas and post Christmas buying in four years going on. I was certainly a little surprised at the response. The hit counters moving alone as usual ( 1000-1700 a day ) but not a peep.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
According to the news here all week, we're supposed to be having the biggest Christmas and post Christmas buying in four years going on. I was certainly a little surprised at the response. The hit counters moving alone as usual ( 1000-1700 a day ) but not a peep.

Yeah, but how many people buy armour Xmas presents for their family or friends ? And the post Xmas sales are probably more big screen T.V.s or other appliances ? Well, any available cash for armour or " self-gifting " may be a little bit already spent on those Xmas presents.

Slumps are certainly worrying, and I don't want to be too " Pollyanna " about it, but even at the best of times you have gotten these not always easy to explain or predict cyclic slumps, and certainly surviving these slumps is more difficult and worrying with a bad economy ! Worried Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna

Just trying to give you logical reasons to explain the current slump that I really really hope is going to be very short !

Christian G. Cameron

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan, I have a decent order coming, but not until after Jan 15th. As was said above--post-Xmas cash flow. But i will spread the word!
Christian G. Cameron

Qui plus fait, miex vault

www.hippeis.com
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, but how many people buy armour Xmas presents for their family or friends ? And the post Xmas sales are probably more big screen T.V.s or other appliances ?

Actually until this year a pretty fair amount. We've usually done fairly well for both November and December but both months died right off in the second half this year. I had hopes of getting my car to pass inspection that expires Friday but it looks like I will be off the road till at least next week. No post out runs till then amd we'll test out how much of a sense of humor the mortage company has.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, but how many people buy armour Xmas presents for their family or friends ? And the post Xmas sales are probably more big screen T.V.s or other appliances ?

Actually until this year a pretty fair amount. We've usually done fairly well for both November and December but both months died right off in the second half this year. I had hopes of getting my car to pass inspection that expires Friday but it looks like I will be off the road till at least next week. No post out runs till then amd we'll test out how much of a sense of humor the mortage company has.

Well I hope a few good orders come in soon. Worried Sad

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well in the tradition of putting one's money where one's mouth is I decided to pull the pin on another purchase and fall on the grenade to save Allan's life ..... ( Well joking here. Wink Glad to do it. Happy Cool ) And decide to buy NOW what I was planning to get in a couple of months: The Almain Collar seen here for when I want to drift into the 16th century.

http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_inf...cts_id=139

Might as well take advantage of the sales price and do it now. Wink Laughing Out Loud Cool

If you are not strapped for cash and where planning on buying anyway or a few things in a few weeks or months anyway ..... Wink

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Jean I appreciate it very much and you as well Christian, you've been very good to us over the last several months. Theres obviously a change in the new flow of sales dynamic that we've just not quite gotten figured out yet in terms of where the new " everybodys doing with less " economy has people, that we need to work on getting a handle on. People can't spend what they don't have and that seemingly has changed the pattern that we'd got used to of when they spend ( in a calendar sense as much as anything else ). I'll keep noodling it over.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chris, I will take your advice and leave it up a bit longer.
Larry R

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan,
I'm still looking at purchasing a helm from your shop--- just not right now. I had to put a stop to my spending (I spent well over a thousand dollars in the last three months or so). In my line of work ,construction, we have over 33% unemployment. We are busier than last year at this time, so I hope that is a good sign for the economy as a whole. I hope you can ride this slump out and wish nothing but the best for you. Good Luck!!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well it going to be the last day to order and have a chance at these interesting prizes. Wink

Oh, by the way I recently used your 14th Century Gorget as supplementary protection when training 1:33 at a seminar I went to in Ottawa in November given by Craig Chackleton in addition to a fencing mask and it worked very well but I think the Almain Gorget should sit even more stably on the shoulders due to their being attached to the arms and also give a little extra upper chest and shoulder/upper arm protection.

So apart from being good for an early 16th century kit for costume use the gorgets you make are very useful safety equipment for bouting in partial armour and gambison.

The forearm bracers will work well with the Almain Collar if I want even more protection although I tend to train with people who put the more emphasis on control than safety equipment the throat is the most at risk area if hit by even a mild blow, and even with good control the point of a steel blunt can find its way under the bib of a fencing mask.

Anyway, just giving extra reasons why people should by some of your armour. Wink Laughing Out Loud And giving this a last minute bump. Big Grin

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sale
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic