Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Luka Borscak wrote:
I guess the two swords with identical pommels in the first picture are Windlass make your own? They are quite nice!

That is correct. Alright swords for the price.
William Swiger wrote:
Luka Borscak wrote:
I guess the two swords with identical pommels in the first picture are Windlass make your own? They are quite nice!

That explains two of the ones I didn't recognize. I still think Windlass turns out some very good swords (and some pretty mediocre ones).

What about the sword in the 2nd picture with pommel on the far left? That looks nice. Is it a customized Del Tin?
I am envious of your collection, William. Additionally, glad to see that Gaddhjalt is now part of a fantastic family! : )
J.D. Crawford wrote:
William Swiger wrote:
Luka Borscak wrote:

That explains two of the ones I didn't recognize. I still think Windlass turns out some very good swords (and some pretty mediocre ones).

What about the sword in the 2nd picture with pommel on the far left? That looks nice. Is it a customized Del Tin?

Del Tin Type X Medieval Sword - DT2133. When I received it, the wire grip was very loose and I replaced it with leather. This sword feels much lighter than advertised.
Just got done redoing the grip and scabbard on my Hanwei/Tinker Norman sword

Nice work Josh. I used to have one of those: a very responsive sword.

I would like to know more about Heidalen's sword. Is it a blunt fencing sword? Who made it?
My Reeve and scabbard...

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
That's a nice set up Robin,

I have a Reeve as well and don't see myself parting with it. Who made the scabbard?
J.D. Crawford wrote:
Nice work Josh. I used to have one of those: a very responsive sword.

I would like to know more about Heidalen's sword. Is it a blunt fencing sword? Who made it?

It is blunt indeed. Made by Vladimir Cervenka.
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:

I have a Reeve as well and don't see myself parting with it. Who made the scabbard?
Brian at DBK...

He's gonna be doing a scabbard for an Albion Norman for me later this year sometime.
Robin Smith wrote:
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:

Brian at DBK...

He's gonna be doing a scabbard for an Albion Norman for me later this year sometime.

Oh nice,

I like my Norman even better than my Reeve. I would go for less decoration on a scabbard for the Norman as I feel it would really compliment the whole picture but that's just MHO. :)
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Robin Smith wrote:
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:

Brian at DBK...

Oh nice,

I like my Norman even better than my Reeve. I would go for less decoration on a scabbard for the Norman as I feel it would really compliment the whole picture but that's just MHO. :)
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with that project. I know what suspension method I want to see used, but thats about it... Thats latter this year though so I got time to think...
Arms&Armor Custom 11th century sword I got from J.D. Crawford:

Last edited by Luka Borscak on Sat 02 Jun, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luka Borscak wrote:
Arms&Armor Custom 11th century sword I got from JD Crawford:

Somehow it looks even better now that its not mine anymore!
Nice pick up Luka! I like that sword a lot!
brazil nuts
Just wondering how the medieval swordmaker would have described or called his pommel. Brazil nuts only come to the attention of western man after the 'discovery' of South America, and all our Brazil nut pommels predate that by quite a bit. So what were these pommels called back when they were making them ?
Unfortunately, I doubt anyone bothered to actually record the medieval name for brazil nut pommels. I expect that it was one of those common-place things that no one thought to record at the time.

To be fair, it could be that the name is recorded somewhere. But I imagine we would have heard about it from now from a medieval researcher or sword enthusiast who discovered the correct name.
I really hope Mr. Arnow posts some of the Castlerock pictures up here, they had a few nice BN swords; one was something between a hand and a half longsword and a long single handed weapon. They also had a somewhat corroded blade and guard, with a fairly intact pommel that had faint but detailed stamping or embossing on the pommel (which wasn't quite a BN, but a cousin)
Kai Lawson wrote:
I really hope Mr. Arnow posts some of the Castlerock pictures up here, they had a few nice BN swords; one was something between a hand and a half longsword and a long single handed weapon. They also had a somewhat corroded blade and guard, with a fairly intact pommel that had faint but detailed stamping or embossing on the pommel (which wasn't quite a BN, but a cousin)

Quit callin' me mister. :) Makes me sound and feel old.

This thread seems to be about reproductions, so I hadn't thought to post them here.

They photos will all eventually end up in the Albums section. Some will also go in a forthcoming article on the museum.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Page 6 of 8

Jump to: