Sword-makers: I need pics of your work!
I am starting to prepare the 2nd edition of 'The Medieval Sword in the Modern World' and a number of sword-makers have risen to prominence since the first edition came out two years ago- not to mention that I never felt like I did justice to the sword-makers that were included. I want the Second edition to be MUCH more inclusive and comprehensive, and I'd particularly like to represent the work of European makers this time; particularly Peter Johnson, Patrick Barta, but also others too.

So- if you are a professional sword-maker I need pictures of Medieval European, Viking era and Fantasy swords. Pictures should be submitted by email to tinkerpearce@hotmail.com.

Files 230 d.p.i or higher are preferred- 320 d.p.i. are best. You must own the rights to the images sent and the email should include expressed permission to use those images for the purpose of illustration of the book "The Medieval Sword in the Modern World- 2nd edition" Not all photos submitted are guaranteed to be used. Makers should also submit a brief Biography and their web address for inclusion in the Appendices. Manufacturers are also welcome to submit photos, company bios etc. I particularly need photos of two-hand swords and a type XXI.

This is free publicity, folks! While I cannot yet go into details the 2nd Edition is going to receive MUCH broader commercial distribution than the first edition did- and I'm while I will 'tell it like it is' I will not be including anyone's work unless I can show it in a positive light.

I hope to have the second edition in print by next autumn; the first edition remains available from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.com, or directly from my website at tinkerswords.com in both print and e-book formats.
Hi Tinker! I was in before but if you like, you can use whatever pics of my stuff you want. I'm looking forward to reading your new book.
Thanks John- wouldn't think of leaving you out of this one! If you've got any particular swords that you'd like to have in the book let me know, OK?
Michael Pearce wrote:
Thanks John- wouldn't think of leaving you out of this one! If you've got any particular swords that you'd like to have in the book let me know, OK?
You got it duty!;)
John,
What is the deadline?
I have plans to do something...interesting... this Winter and Spring.

Ric
Sounds good.
What are you looking for in terms of biographies (artistic statement, work philosophy, life story,)? and about how long?

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Potter wrote:
Sounds good.
What are you looking for in terms of biographies (artistic statement, work philosophy, life story,)? and about how long?

Thanks,
Ben

Oh, a good paragraph or so.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: