Christian Fletcher Basket Hilt
Here's the 1 and only pic. She's on her way so there will be more pics posted soon.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing this with us, I'll look forward to seeing some more pictures and stats. Was this a custom hilt, as I do not see it on the Christian Fletcher site?
Nice Jason, I really like it.

Is that one of Eljays baskets that CF's antiqued? If so I might be interested in one myself.
Custom
This is actually a custom hilt from CF and the blade is an AT backsword blade. I asked Christian to put together a lowland baskethilt and showed him some pics of the ones that I liked. We agreed on the price range and he took it from there. I'm very happy with the pics. Very simple. No nonsense.
Thanks Jason. CF did a great job!

Patrick, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the picture. So I had to take another look at Mac's review of the ElJay (Atrim) basket to see that they are indeed quite different.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...y+erickson
Interesting new twist from him.
That is slick. I've been shopping around for a good "Silver sword;" now I have one more source to consider.

JSA
Quite elegant, James.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the other pics.
Very nice indeed, Jason, yes more photos please.
i love the simplicity of it :) congrats on the new sword...
Very cool sword Jason
Hi Jason,

Good stuff from CF and Gus once again. I like the fuller, did Gus do it, or did Christian?

Bob
????
Robert Busch wrote:
Hi Jason,

Good stuff from CF and Gus once again. I like the fuller, did Gus do it, or did Christian?

Bob

Now that is a good question. I don't know. However, if I remember correctly, Gus put on a 3" false edge. I wish Christian would have sent me pics of the blade. Maybe Gus or Christian will chime in on this one.

Jason
Congrats on your pending baskethilt, Jason .... looks like a nice one !

I'll be interested to hear the stats on it ....
Be sure you take a pic of the basket in hand as it gives us a good sense of its porportions !

I'd take it that the pommel is solid on this one ?

Thanks, Mac

[ Linked Image ]
* Pic: David Caldwell , "Scottish Weapons & Fortifications 1100-1800".
Quick Stats & Pics
Blade Length 32"
Overall Length 39"
POB from top of handle-- Approximately 3"
Blade width; base 1 1/4"
Blade width 1" from tip 1"
Weight-- Unknown. Best guess 2.6 lbs. (I don't have a scale until Mr. Bill Grandy gets his butt up here. You reading this Bill :p )
More Pics
Please ignore the toes in the above pic :eek:

The basket is a little big but I have very small hands.
The basket is about 5 1/2" deep and 5 1/2" wide. I'm not sure how that compairs to historical examples.
More pics
To give you an ideal of the size of the basket the length from my wrist to my top knuckle is only 3".

Did I mention that the handling on this sword is superb. ;)
Re: ????
Jason Elrod wrote:
Robert Busch wrote:
Hi Jason,

Bob

Now that is a good question. I don't know. However, if I remember correctly, Gus put on a 3" false edge. I wish Christian would have sent me pics of the blade. Maybe Gus or Christian will chime in on this one.

Jason

Hi Jason

The blade is a standard here now. I made a bastard backsword out of it too..... Currently I have one of those blades mounted with a teastrainer.

The pommel was a standard AT pommel that CF modified.

The blade as shipped from AT has the fuller, and a sharpened false edge. The handling of the sword with the backblade is superior to the sword that Thomas MacDonald reviewed some months back......

Auld Dawg
Re: ????
Angus Trim wrote:
Jason Elrod wrote:
Robert Busch wrote:
Hi Jason,

Bob

Jason

Hi Jason

The blade is a standard here now. I made a bastard backsword out of it too..... Currently I have one of those blades mounted with a teastrainer.

The pommel was a standard AT pommel that CF modified.

The blade as shipped from AT has the fuller, and a sharpened false edge. The handling of the sword with the backblade is superior to the sword that Thomas MacDonald reviewed some months back......

Auld Dawg

Thanks for the info Gus. This is an excellent handling sword. One of the best single handers that I've used in a long time. I'm very pleased with the sword. Plus I think this is the first baskethilt CF has made and I'm proud to own it. I'm sure Christian's baskets will just get better and more refined.

If the standard backsword handles as well as my CF, then you are going to have a lot of happy happy customers.
Hi Jason

My congrats again on your new baskethilt !

May I be so bold (and nosey) to ask what the cost of this piece was ?

Enjoy your new baby ! Mac
For Sale
As much as I love her this one is going up for sale for $720 shipping included. :eek: Too many projects are coming due too fast. PM me if anyone is interested.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: