CS machetes
This may be old news, but I was looking through Cold Steel's selection of budget line, workhorse machetes. I've been wanting one for a while. I must say I'm impressed buy the prices and selection of different styles. I figured I'd share and see if anyone else has one (or 2 or 3 at these prices) and maybe get some opinions on what to pick for a blade style. I personally like the Latin model and the magnum kukri. What do you all think?

http://www.ltspecpro.com/machetes.html
I have the Kopis for occasional work around the house and keep another in the trunk of the car. They seem to keep a pretty good edge and come with a scabbard to boot. Not bad for the price.
I too have a CS Kopis Machete. It seems to be quite durable. I like the fact that it has a point. Sadly Cold Steel has dropped it from their line up. Between the two you mentioned, I'd probable go with the Kukri. You also might want to look at the CS Barong. That was actually, my second choice.

Some other cool items I've been thinking about getting from CS are Bushman survival knives and the Samburu and Assegai Spears. The bushman seems to me the best utilitarian survival knife being made at this time. I like the hollow handle, because you can turn it into a spear at need. Survivor Man on the Discovery Channel needs one of these!
After comapring both of them, I think I'd go with the 18" latin model. I like the sheath, as the machete draws quicker and the sheath itself has integral pockets on it for carry all sorts of other equipment. Plus you can pick one up for around $15. I doubt you could find a better value machete.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: