Will you be receiving, either from others or from yourself, a gift related to arms and armor this holiday season?
Yes, absolutely!
38%
 38%  [ 96 ]
I believe I might!
14%
 14%  [ 37 ]
Not very likely
27%
 27%  [ 67 ]
No, there's absolutely no chance
19%
 19%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 248

Nov 24: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
Albion Armorers Yeoman Sword
A hands-on review by Felix Reich

[ Linked Image ]
Windlass Steelcrafts "Type IV" Sword
A hands-on review by Joseph Fults

[ Linked Image ]
Thanks for Giving and Happy New Year
A new contest!

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Concerning the specs given for the Albion Yeoman - some of them are different from those listed at Albion. The only one that seems out of tolerance is the blade length, which here is shown as 35.25, and at Albion, 27.25 inches. Probably it is a miscopy of the overall length.
With this update, we welcome new author Felix Reich. Thanks, Felix!
Good work, Felix, and especially good work to Nathan and the boys. You've managed to coax money that I don't have out of me with your well chosen prizes. Twenty dollar in a raffle is probably a more reliable investment than any stock out there right now anyway :)

Keep up the good work,

Kenton
Good job on the Yeoman review. The photographer deserves some praise. Lighting and shadows, backdrop, angles, etc., are very flattering to the subject, as I have come to expect in the myArmoury teams' projects.

The review statistics do seem like the particular one reviewed must have been slightly larger (slightly longer, a little heavier, CoP a touch farther out, etc.) than the manufacturer's published statistics. However, the discrepancies are so consistent that I can believe this is how the sword that was reviewed actually is. It seems to show that to a degree these are hand finished products with a little bit of individual character......
Christmas presents for myself: A Long Land pattern brown bess and a Highland dagg! :D

Cheers,
Henrik
Jared Smith wrote:
Good job on the Yeoman review. The photographer deserves some praise. Lighting and shadows, backdrop, angles, etc., are very flattering to the subject, as I have come to expect in the myArmoury teams' projects.

The review statistics do seem like the particular one reviewed must have been slightly larger (slightly longer, a little heavier, CoP a touch farther out, etc.) than the manufacturer's published statistics. However, the discrepancies are so consistent that I can believe this is how the sword that was reviewed actually is. It seems to show that to a degree these are hand finished products with a little bit of individual character......

Of course the stats were given as taken from the particular piece, the review should not only give a repetition of manufacturers´ stats, but should show what the real thing is like. And indeed, with all the hand work in the course of the finishing process, some discrepancies are to be expected.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: