A hole for ears of the sides of the helmets...
Hi ^^

What names are these hols?

Attachment: 53.51 KB
earhole.jpg

hearing i would guess. the way they are put i would doubt they are to hold the liner.
I belive he is looking for correct term on how are those called. Sadly I do not have my books at hand so can not offer it myself.
Well, I see they call an eye opening an Ocularium.
So those ear things must be called Auditorium, or more correctly, Auditoria for the plural?
Just to be consistent.
It sounds better than "hearin' holes".
I'm tempted to say "more breaths"....

Anyway, the projection on the left side of the helmets look like some sort of peg for attaching pieces of exchange--something like a big bevor or the like--over the visor, though of course I may be wrong.
Lafayette C Curtis wrote:
Anyway, the projection on the left side of the helmets look like some sort of peg for attaching pieces of exchange--something like a big bevor or the like--over the visor, though of course I may be wrong.

I'd taken it to be a handle, for lifting the visor :)
The peg is for raising the visor. They were not always installed and i'm more used to seeing them on later close helmets where the peg would be on the upper ( close helmets often ahd two visors an upper and lower the upper having the occularum) visor and rested in a notch in the top edge of the lower visor to allow only the upper visor to be raised. Now that its been brought up, I don't have the foggiest idea what the name for the holes for allowing the wearer to hear are ( which is what the holes on the sides of these helmets are).
Thank you for all of you!

I examined it all the time.

We know what purposes they are...
However we don't know these name...

>Artis Aboltins
>I belive he is looking for correct term on how are those called.
It is right so.
My English is very poor, so I asked you a question with a photograph.
thx ^^

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: