For Sale: XVIa Bastard Sword
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This sword is a one-off longsword that I had made during my time working at Albion back a few years ago. It is one I never ever thought I would consider selling as it is the last piece that I had put together on my own. This "bastard sword" consists of a robust Type XVIa blade with a Type 6 downcurved bowtie cross and a Type I faceted wheel pommel. Most everyone that has handled this swords has coveted it(and most are folks who have little experience with swords). Two of my friends have sworn that they would be greatly disappointed if I didn't sell it to them. This is a unique interpretation of the XVIa in that it is somewhat shorter than average than most longswords and in that sense is a true “bastard” sword. Vital statistics:

OAL - 42"
COG - approx. 5+”
WHT - 3lbs 1oz +/-

I’m asking $1100 + s/h (approx. $30). USPS MO only.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c86/Theyeti...RDFULL.jpg

Here's another pic of the hilt:

Just for clarifycation: These are all Albion components, including the blade. Technically this is the same Type XVI blade that is used by the Squire and The Prince, but with some modification. Primarily the lengthening of the tang and the blade is a bit more robust that the singlehand XVI. The cross is borrowed from the Mercenary and the pommel from the Duke. Really quite a Frankenstien Monster(and just as strong!!!) but much better looking without the bolts!!!

Bump

PM sent! :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: