Help wanted!
Hello one and all! Let me start by saying i love this site, so much to look at and read!

I, am trying to find images and info on Irish armour and arms from around the time of the fourth crusade, to be specific. That will help a great amount, i am a novice with all this but very ken to learn more, i have just joined a mecinary group of
re-inactors (sorry, i am a horrid speller!), and will use any info i can to help get myself set up.

The main reason i want it spscificly Irish is due to the fact that i am half Irish, and my father tells me we have a shield, and family motto. Personaly i think it's all rather cool, and would love to expand my knowledge on the topic.
Any help would me greatly appreciated!

....Nick....
This site can answer all your questions:

http://livinghistory.ie/
Scroll down the attached page to view interesting sword illustration...

http://www.libraryireland.com/Antiquities/III-V.php
Thanyou very much, i am still awaiting registration approval for my account with livinghistory.ie and am sure they wll be very helpful.

I spent hours the other day looking for specific weapons used in late 12th/early 13th centuries, only to find out (after i had begun to get rather excited about growing my beard and wielding a 6' battle axe) i had been looking at weapons from one hundred years too late! Still massivly interesting andi love how addictive it all is. I start out only tryng to find imae of what sort of sword/dagger/axe i need to make/buy, and end up reading about the political history of the Noremans in Ireland!

Thank you again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: