Two home project swords of mine.
I recently finished the rough shaping of two swords I've been working on at home, so I wanted to share.

First up is a saber/backsword, Eldfågel. This project represents my attempt to fuse aestetic aspects I like in both Asian and Western swords into a single weapon. As you can see I haven't started on the tang yet.

[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]
Click thumbnail to enlarge.

If everything goes as planned, the hilt will feature a floral-shaped disc guard and a scent-stopper pommel, both if which I intend to cast in bronze.

Next up is a short sword, Skogsrå:

[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]
Apologies for the quality, I'm a bit of a crummy photographer.

I took some inspiration from Japanese swords with this one, but I actually rather think of it as a kind of messer. The hilt will be made mostly out of wood, in a style similar to our traditional knifes.

And here's a final shot of both swords side by side:

[ Linked Image ]

Both are made from a pieces of kick sled runner through stock removal, with no forging involved. I did take the short one to the smithy for some minor correction, which is why it has a bit of a dirty look. I'll probably do the same to the long one this coming week.

Thoughts an opinions are welcome. I'm doing this as a hobby and I tend to experiment a lot, so I'm of course interested in your impression.
Those are both looking good Anders. I look forward to seeing how they come out sa I have a slight fascination with wanting a blend of Asian and western sword styles. Please keep us posted as you make progress so we can see how they turn out.

Scott
I like them, Anders! They have some interesting cross-breed characteristics that, when put together, may just be pretty intriguing as a whole. I'm very curious to see what you do with it!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: