Albion Gotland Custom Viking Scabbard
I would like to share with the myArmoury community my latest scabbard creation. This particular scabbard is truly my finest work thus far, and has been an absolute pleasure to bring together.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Brilliant; very nicely done. Do I recognize the casting work of Sir Raymond the Quiet?
Very impressive indeed. Very nice detail. I actually like the scabbard alot more than the sword! :D
Wow, Brian, I didn't know Christian Fletcher had competition until this. Could you take a photo of the back of the suspension, it looks really interesting how you have it attached.
One question, why do both the baldric mount and a belt suspension?
Mike Arledge wrote:
One question, why do both the baldric mount and a belt suspension?

Thanks everyone.

The strap brigde still serves a purpose other than holding a baldric. It's based on the drawing by Peter Johnsson in this thread.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=12131
Yee-ikes!!! That is spectacular work, Brian! I'll start saving now! :cool:
Very nice work! This is one of the best looking viking scabbards I have ever seen.

The fittings (strapends and buckles) look very big. They don't happen to be from QP?
Magnificent looking scabbard Brian!

I've been looking at your work since you launched DBK custom and I marvel at each of your finished pieces lately.

Congratulations and looking forward to see more of your work.

Godspeed,

J
Tim May wrote:
Wow, Brian, I didn't know Christian Fletcher had competition until this. Could you take a photo of the back of the suspension, it looks really interesting how you have it attached.

Yeah, have to say to all the other scabbard makers: Be afraid, be very AFRAID ! " , not that it's a competition and there are a lot of very good scabbard makers out there, but this sort of pushes the envelope of beautiful to very hard to match levels.
( We need a new " emoticon " for jaw dropping awesome. :^IIIIIID )
Tony Peterson wrote:
Very impressive indeed. Very nice detail. I actually like the scabbard alot more than the sword! :D

I second that. I think that scabbard would like even better with my Valkyrja! :D
HOLY CRAP! (8
That is an absolutely amazing scabbard! :eek:
You are without doubt an artist! CF, Russ..."Here come da kid!"
Amazing work!
Brian,

I'm sorry, there is a problem with this scabbard. Lets suppose you were a self respecting Viking, & you acquired it. Would you then choose to go out on a raiding party, possibly getting blood stains on the scabbard, or perhaps even worse, getting mortally hit by a random spear toss? Or would you rather just stay in the long house, drink mead, & admire your scabbard & sword? What kind of reputation & nickname would the owner of such a scabbard get? Eric the Lazy Leather Looker?

Carl

ps. Please don't let all the (deserved) applause raise your prices. I'm waiting for my first sword, & figure leather smell should go good with a porter. :-)
Thank you everyone. The praise makes it all worth while.

On the topic of prices. Nothing has changed. :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: