Qaulity Claymore sword in N.A
I have searched about 500 websites on Different Claymores in the US and Canada, and all have been pretty much all been junk.

Does anyone know of a place where to buy a good qaulity Two handed Claymore in Canada or the US?
The Albion Armourers' Chieftan sword looks like a fine claymore to me, and their swords come highly recommended.

-Stephanie
How about A&A's Claymore http://www.arms-n-armor.com/sword100.html
I've never handled it, but everything I have touched from www.armourclass.co.uk has been gold so...
Stephanie Maks wrote:
The Albion Armourers' Chieftan sword looks like a fine claymore to me, and their swords come highly recommended.

-Stephanie

I have the Chieftain. It's a great sword for cleaving the sassenach!
Castle Keep claymores looks extremaly nice and "claymoreish". Dunno about their other qualities, but they look realy good,

http://www.castlekeep.co.uk/claymore.php

It's in Scotland though.
Claymores
Last time I checked, a Claymore (Claidheamh Mor) referred more to the single handed basket hilted swords of Scotland, although it used to refer to the two-handed versions as well. Which one is the original poster referring to?

I believe that the two-handed sword that you are all posting links to is known by modern scholars as a Claidheamh da Laimh.

-Nate
Re: Claymores
Nathan Grant wrote:
Last time I checked, a Claymore (Claidheamh Mor) referred more to the single handed basket hilted swords of Scotland, although it used to refer to the two-handed versions as well. Which one is the original poster referring to?

I believe that the two-handed sword that you are all posting links to is known by modern scholars as a Claidheamh da Laimh.

-Nate

The original poster said:

Quote:
Does anyone know of a place where to buy a good qaulity Two handed Claymore in Canada or the US?

Seems pretty obvious he means the two-handers, not a single-handed basket-hilt. :)
Oops
:blush: I should have been more thorough. Must have missed the part where he mentioned it being two-handed :blush:
I can highly recommend the Arms & Armor Highland Claymore -- It is a high quality piece, not only in terms of appearance and historical accuracy (at 5 3/4 lbs, it's near the upper end of the "accurate" weight scale, most historical two-handed claymores coming in at between 4 and 5 lbs, or even less. Still, most mass-produced reproductions are quite a bit heavier than this!). It is, of course, a devestating cutter, as the originals were.

The Albion Mark Chieftain looks good. I haven't handled one or even seen one "in the flesh", but the stats look nice. And it has the Albion name, so it certainly will be a work of quality.

Anyway, these are probably the two best "semi production" two-hand Claidheamh Da Laimh made in the USA. I don't think there's anyone out there who makes a substantially better Claymore short of going full custom (BTW Arms & Armor does custom work, so if you don't like something about their "standard" Claymore, you can have it altered... for a price, of course...).

Either way, I think you'll be satisified....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: