Albion Solingen Scabbard
Tan & chocolate colored scabbard with suttle shading done on the core. Customer requested a fairly plain scabbard to compliment his Solingen, and I think it came out really well.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Brian

My only question is when can I have it back? looks wonderful, a great scabbard and exactly what I had in mind.

Thanks

Mike
That would suit my tastes very well. A solid high quality looking job, regardless of "functional versus ornate" decor.

I am always interested in peoples' approaches . Would you mind posting some close ups of stitching details (back seam, mouth inside)? Was it "wet stiched" so that it stretched as it dried? Did you hand make the strap end and chape?
Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to discuss my techniques as most of them are acquired skills learned through trial & error. As a business I must keep secret what helps my work look so good ;)

Mike, your sword ships Monday. :cool:
Beautiful!
Very cool! I never had much interest in the Solingen until I saw your pics of it. For some reason it looks better than on the Albion website. Now if I could only decide which sword to get a scabbard for....
Nathan Keysor wrote:
Very cool! I never had much interest in the Solingen until I saw your pics of it. For some reason it looks better than on the Albion website. Now if I could only decide which sword to get a scabbard for....

Nathan

it should never be a choice of which sword to have a scabbard for, the question should be which one will get a scabbard first. in my opinion all swords DESERVE a good scabbard. when buying a sword everyone should ask where is its scabbard. it can be quite expensive, but a sword and scabbard should always be considerd as one. actual and whole.
"Whether liketh you better," said Merlin, "the sword or the scabbard?"

Michael Ahrens wrote:
Nathan Keysor wrote:

Nathan

it should never be a choice of which sword to have a scabbard for, the question should be which one will get a scabbard first. in my opinion all swords DESERVE a good scabbard. when buying a sword everyone should ask where is its scabbard. it can be quite expensive, but a sword and scabbard should always be considerd as one. actual and whole.
That's true that Arthur should have favored the scabbard. :D
I don't do any reenacting or anything and mainly my swords are displayed so I usually chuck the scabbards in a closet and forget about them. Occasionally I do go to the PA Renfest but that's basically it (other than my 15 minutes of fame on the History Channel). I do appreciate good work though and Brian does good work.
Hi Brian,

Do you make chapes and fitting in steel as well?

Jeremy
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Hi Brian,

Do you make chapes and fitting in steel as well?

Jeremy

I can make chapes in steel, and I have a limited selection of steel buckle sets as well. Most buckle sets available are made of brass and what is available are usually plated.
I received my scabbard and re-gripped swords today from Brian.

Simply put it's the best scabbard I've seen close up.

It fits the sword perfectly and is truly beautiful.

It's also extremely well made and the photos do not do it justice.

If anyone is contemplating ordering a scabbard or a regrip from him, I can't say enough good things, and I would tell them to run their swords down to the post office and send them over to him right away.
at this moment i am sitting in my office staring at this scabbard. tough to say but the pictures don't due it justice.

this is a true work of art. and am now waiting for delivery of my Knecht from Albion so Brian can perform his magic on that.

i recomend Brian highly to all who are in need of a beautiful scabbard. thanks again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: