For Sale: Massey "Fantasy" Viking Sword [SOLD]
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

As much as it pains me to do so, I am placing my custom "fantasy" Viking sword by Al Massey up for sale.
The stats for the blade are as follows:

Overall length: 42 1/8”
Blade Length: 30”
Hilt Length: 10 ½”
Blade Width (at cross): 2”
Blade Width (1" from tip): ¾”
Weight: 2lbs. 15 oz.

The sword is very strong and responsive and feels lively in the hand. The finish is typical of Al’s work and shows it’s hand forged lineage. As I was looking for a “period” type finish (it’s Viking inspired, after all lol) I find it totally appropriate. The Viking runes for ‘Thor’ and ‘Tyr’ are etched on either side of the blade in the fullers near the cross. The cross and pommel are of Damascus. The sword is exactly as I received it. The grip is covered in black leather and is of a rectangular section. There is a small area of the leather near the lower ferrule that is slightly puckered as I received it that way. There is a black leather “travel” sheath for protection of the blade, also made by Al but I would not recommend it for carry. During the design phase I expressed to Al that I was trained originally in JSA and our final product handles very much like a katana. I am asking $500 (money order, cashiers check, or PayPal) for the sword and wanted to offer it on the forum before trying to auction it. All in all, a very workmanlike weapon that I have enjoyed owning. I only have a few pics of low quality at the moment but I hope to have better ones this weekend. Thanks for looking!

Attachment: 95.35 KB
viking 001.jpg

Attachment: 39.55 KB
viking 002.JPG

Well, looks like my timing was bad with this one! LOL Please PM me if anyone is interested in the next day or so. I'll put her up for auction on ebay Sunday night.

Regards,

James
Trade, anyone?

Hi all,

I might also be interested in a comparable trade...let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

James

J.G. Grubbs wrote:
Well, looks like my timing was bad with this one!

Mid April is not the best time to offer anything for sale to US buyers, other than the ones who are receiving tax refund checks. Those of use who have to pony up even more, are usually pretty tapped out.

Steve Fabert wrote:
J.G. Grubbs wrote:
Well, looks like my timing was bad with this one!

Mid April is not the best time to offer anything for sale to US buyers, other than the ones who are receiving tax refund checks. Those of use who have to pony up even more, are usually pretty tapped out.

I certainly agree...hence my original need to sell the piece..IRS..gotta love 'em! :D

Regards,

James

Hmmm.....Would anyone be interested in a possible comparable trade? I certainly would would like to see it go to someone where it fits their current collecting genre.

Thanks!

She's off to Ebay...Thanks to all who looked and wish me luck :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...T&rd=1

Regards,

James
Price reduced

No luck with the auction :wtf: Price dropped to $450 for this custom made piece (lower than many production blades)

Thanks for looking!

James

Sold peneding payment.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: