Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Cloth covered breasplateSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Przemyslaw Bielinski

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Cloth covered breasplate         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello everyone,

I have a cloth covered breastplate for sale. I made it myself and for myself, unfortunately some problems with sizing occured and it's a bit to small for me, so perhaps someone else will like it.

The breastplate is based (quite freely) on the famous Munich breastplate. The very breast piece is made of 1.5mm mild steel, welded in the middle (like a helmet), lames are 1mm mild steel, overlapping in all places so the effective armour thickness in this area is 2mm. The covering is two thicknesses of HAND WOVEN linen, undyed. The original Munich breastplate was covered with linen and silk, I wanted something less spectacular. All the rivets are hand-forged, all the sewing made by hand with a natural linen thread. The leather straps are vegetable tanned leather, also undyed, buckles - copper alloy. The straps are not cut to length and have no holes, as I don't know the exact waist size of the wearer. The overlap of linen covering is glued to the underside of breast-plate, the in-side is left uncovered and has no rust protection - I wanted to avoid the Hammerite thing. Personally I use silicone spray to protect my armour and I can recommend it also in this instance.

Size:
- length from neck opening to the lowest lame edge is ca 50cm
- waist - 100cm max with gambeson and mail shirt, preferably less. I am about this size and it's a little uncomfortable for me, or would be with prolonged wearing.

As this is the first piece of armour I have made and because I am not a professional armour maker with an established reputation, the asking price is low: 350 USD. This price does not include any shipping costs, but I am ready for some haggling Happy

If you want to see some more photos or ask any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail.

Attachment: 138.98 KB
1.jpg
Overall look

Attachment: 147.97 KB
3.jpg
Details of rivets

Attachment: 28.64 KB
6.jpg
The in-side

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Cloth covered breasplateSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic