Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: British P1897 ID'd to Lt.-Col. EGS Trotter, IndianSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: For Sale: British P1897 ID'd to Lt.-Col. EGS Trotter, Indian         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For sale is a British Pattern 1897 Infatry Officer's Sword by Hobson & Sons, and ID'd to Lt.-Col. Everard Stanley Graham Trotter of the Indian Army. The sword dates to c.1897-1901 since it bears the cypher of Queen Victoria. I would hazard a guess that it may date to 1898 since this is the year Trotter transferred from the Middlesex Regiment to the Indian Army Staff Corps, and the "Wyatt's Registered" scabbard is known to have been used by officers of the Indian Army. The blade bears a monogram with the initials EGST. Lt.-Col. Trotter was the only match for these initials for the time period 1897-1901, therefore this is his sword and not that of another officer.

Please see this thread for more photos, a description of the sword, my research on Trotter, and additional discussion and commentary. This sword will come with the research I have conducted thus far. This sword still has research potential as there are a few leads on Trotter I have not yet pursued.

$500 US plus $25 for shipping CONUS. PayPal accepted and preferred (please a 3% for PayPal fee), but I will also accpet other forms of payment.

Please contact me via PM or email (jgileshopkins[at]yahoo[dot]com). If contacting me via email, please use the subject line "P1897 classified" so I don't accidentally delete the message. Happy

Thank you,
Jonathan

Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: New Price         Reply with quote

$475.00 plus shipping.
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This sword is still available. Feel free to make me an offer! Happy
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

STILL AVAILABLE

$450 plus $25 shipping in CONUS. I have had two buyers who for whatever reason have not been able to complete the transaction after I had listed the item as "on hold" or "pending". For this reason I will only accept payment via PayPal (3% fee applies), and ask that funds be sent as quickly as possible (I will determine this with the buyer).

If anyone is interested in this sword and my P1827 sword of Col. Stewart, I am sure we could work something out. I am still open to offers for either sword.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: British P1897 ID'd to Lt.-Col. EGS Trotter, IndianSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic