Oakeshott Type XVI sword from Germany
Hi to everybody . I came to this forum to ask you for help with one matter . I search information about this example http://www.myArmoury.com/images/features/pic_spotxvi13.jpg

XVIa.3 From the Royal Armouries (IX1084)
The 33" long blade on this sword is in good condition, but has considerable erosion on the edges and some deep pitting. The fuller is very narrow and a distinct rib in the lower half of the blade is present. The grip, shown, is a modern replacement.

Type: XVIa
Find-place: ? Germany
Collection: The Royal Armouries. IX. 1084. Formerly D'ACre Edwards
Blade-length: 33" (83.9 cms)
Pommel-type: K
Cross-style: 6
Date: c.1300-25
Condition: Excavated. ? River found. Good, but considerable erosion of the edges and some deep putting on the blade. The grip, of white wood, is modern, The shape of this sword should be compared with that of No.XVI.1 in this series. The fuller here is very narrow, but there is a distinct rib in the lower half of the blade.
Publication: Dufty, [sic]

i need the messurments of this sword and most important the weigh of this sword fainding . I will be greatfull for the help . Thanks for the time !
Oakeshott Type XVI sword from Germany
Jordan, I'm not sure where to find this Oakeshott Type XVI sword from Germany that you just mentioned.
Oakshott type XVI Sword from Germany
Apparently, Del Tin Armi Antiche makes a replica of this sword,it is their number 5149.This may be of interest.
Re: Oakshott type XVI Sword from Germany
Henry R. Gower wrote:
Apparently, Del Tin Armi Antiche makes a replica of this sword,it is their number 5149.This may be of interest.

And it's a beautiful sword!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: