myArmoury needs a page on Sean Flynt's progects.
I haven't been around in awhile, so I was searching to see what Sean Flynt has been up to since I left. (I was so very impressed with his work on the MRL halberd.)

So, I got to thinking, We've all seen Flynt's progects on the forum and been impressed.

The Halberd,
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...an+halberd

This mortuary sword... (which never got finished)
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...p;start=20

And I'm sure there's more I haven't seen, since it's hard to search by topic author instead of just post author.... (Unless I'm doing it wrong...)

I'd like to suggest a webpage rather then a forum topic on Sean's progects, with subpages on each one including before and after pictures, pictures of original weapons researched prior to starting, and possibly a lot of information on how to. (It doesn't just have to be his, anyone else who does soemthing like that could be featured as well.... Just don't leave any of his out. ;) )

I'd also like to know that while Sean is listed as part of the myArmoury team, he does not have a page under 'collections..
George,
Two of Sean's projects are accessible in article form as part of the Workbench series on our Features page. Several more of his projects are in production as articles as are projects by other myArmoury authors.

Our Collection galleries are just for showcasing a collection and are not just for myArmoury team members, nor do all myArmoury team members have a collection gallery. The article format we've developed is a much better venue than the collection galleries.

Sean doesn't have a Collection gallery simply because he hasn't put one together. :) It takes a fair amount of work and the only people who've subjected themselves to that are the people that have published galleries. :)

Until some of these items get published, forum members can use the search function (try searching by his username and with words like "project"), or can see all Sean's post by clicking the link in his profile and can always add a thread to their myArmoury favorites. :) One of Sean's threads (on tieing Turk's head knots) can be found on our Spotlight Topics page.
George,
After some thought, we decided to add a "Projects and Do-it-Yourself" section to the Spotlight Topics page. We found a number of Sean's threads and added them, as well as some other relevant threads. If people run across more threads to add, please use the link in the thread to nominate it for inclusion.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/spotlight.php

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: