Long overdue updates
It has been a crazy summer and I have been behind on updates. Sold a couple of swords, but had one customer back out after I finished a scabbard for one sword. So that sword is back available again with a new scabbard. The amount of work that goes into these metal scabbards is just unreal. One of the big things is that there are always little forms for the various pieces that needed to be made, and each scabbard seems to need new or modified ones to be right. Need to do one for Nate by sometime this fall.
[ Linked Image ]
More close up pictures are on the website.
http://www.ironagearmoury.com/lateneiii.htm

Fittings for the Owslebury and Lisnacrogher are on their way to the caster and should be back fairly soon.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

They have finally pulled me into the bronze age and have a few projects going on there. Right now I'm working on a customers Gundlingen sword from Neil Burridge. Also have one of Neil's Ewart Park blades that I'll be doing as well. The project has been slowed as of late, but I am also working on doing a small run of Lunette bronze spears. I still need to finish the wax up for it and come up with a good way to easily reproduct the waxes. So far my attempts at molds haven't went so well.
[ Linked Image ]

Probably the biggest news or at least the one project that has taken up that majority of my summer has been searching for our first house. No question that this is one of the most stressful thing that I have ever done. We were close to closing, but that deal fell through after inspections. So after wasting almost a month we are back looking again. Hope to find something soon, and with any luck I'll be able to expand my shop so that I can forge more on a regular basis.

Shane Allee
What?! No replies to this beauty? I got dibs, payment pending :cool:

Hope the house thing went well. It really pays to do an inspection. My wife works at perma-seal and she tells me "you'd be surprised how many people don't pay the extra 65$ for an inspection." It's like they get mad and don't want to pay for it, but then they call in with all these problems. 65$ or so is a drop in the bucket when compared to over 20, 000 dollars in repair work :eek:
You do realize you just replied to a 28 month old post right? :eek:
Matt Corbin wrote:

So? Apparently it took way too long to sell this beautiful sword...

Congratulations on a fine purchase Mr. Franks!
Paul Hansen wrote:
Matt Corbin wrote:

So? Apparently it took way too long to sell this beautiful sword...

Congratulations on a fine purchase Mr. Franks!

Thanks Paul! :cool:
Matt Corbin wrote:
lol, yes. I put the search function to good use.
Wow! When you said you had dibs, I thought you were using it in a metaphorical sense. I assumed this would have sold a LONG time ago. Where's the emoticon for facepalm.......there it is [ Linked Image ]

Congratulations on a beautiful sword.

(edited to add facepalm)
:lol: Thanks Matt

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: