Custom Scottish Pistols
I finally received my customized Scottish all steel pistols from Curious House in India this afternoon. I ordered them in January so the wait was not unreasonable. Overall, I was fairly impressed with the overall appearance, but I as I was anticipating something less that truly authentic Celtic engraving, I was not disappointed with the floral motif. The major changes from the standard commercially made 'Murdock' pistol is that the barrel is brass and the trigger has been modified to the correct form (actually this is the one area I was really pleased with!) The barrel, stock, and belt clip are all heavily hand-engraved. Actually, the only think I have a problem with is that I had requested the 'picker' be made out of brass and be made much smaller. It came with the standard, oversized steel picker available on any commercially available Murdoch repro. Of course, the grip is too big as with all of these reproductions, but balanced against having a truly unique pair of pistols...I won't sweat the small stuff. And, oh yes, the hammer has been redone with something more like The Rifle Shoppes version with the circular spur behind the jaws of the cock. The circular disk has a star in the center.

Mechanically, the springs seem well made and the cock throws well with a strong action.

Otherwise, I will replace the pick, have the barrel drilled out to reduct weight a bit, and polish the medallion inset down to have it engraved with my initials.

I will take pictures this evening and post them.

Just happy of the new toys!
I certainly look forward to seeing it. I had hoped to have a wooden stocked fishtail butt snaphaunce by now, but since Steve has gotten out of the business I guess that won't happen.

Post the pictures soon.
Yeah, I know! Its a real shame about Steve!
Glen...

Still eagerly awaiting those photos.
Glen...

Please! The suspense is killing me. I've got to see those pistols!
Glen....

PULLLEEEZZZEEE post some photos of those pistols! I have got to see them.
Pics pics pics
Andrew Goodman wrote:
Pics pics pics

It won't do any good Andrew. He is trying to kill us with the suspense.
????????????????????????????????????????????????
Umm pics now now now now now dammit

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: