Q: Nevada Law
What are the laws regarding purchase/ownership of weapons in Nevada, specifically swords? I live in Reno and was thinking of buying a sword for my friend's birthday, but I want to make sure I don't do anything illegal.
Seeking legal advice on an Internet forum is ill-advised. Note that any advice given to you is only speculation, opinion, and is likely to be scattered with incomplete or incorrect details. Your best bet is to consult a lawyer or other legal official. The laws of your local state and county are almost always available online for review as well.
Look forthe Nevada Revised Statutes. Nevada is a remarkably licentious state; that is to say you can do just about anything, but they will liscence and tax the snot out of it whereever possible.

There's not a lot on swords in the NRS as far as purchase and ownership, and most of the laws cover behavior rather than ownership, sale and transport.

NRS 202.320 Drawing deadly weapon in threatening manner.

1. Unless a greater penalty is provided in NRS 202.287, a person having, carrying or procuring from another person any dirk, dirk-knife, sword, sword cane, pistol, gun or other deadly weapon, who, in the presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any of such deadly weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner not in necessary self-defense, or who in any manner unlawfully uses that weapon in any fight or quarrel, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: