Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Has anyone had any luck ordering from Authentic Wardrobe? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
David Donovan

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Has anyone had any luck ordering from Authentic Wardrobe?         Reply with quote

I purchased a secondhand item in the marketplace here made by Authentic Wardrobe, and I liked it quite a bit. So I placed an order at authenticwardrobe.com back on Jan. 26 for an additional item... but I'm still waiting for it.

Which in and of itself isn't that big of a deal. The problem is that I haven't received any response to any email or phone message that I've sent. The order was charged in early February (indicating that "work had begun on the order" according to their policies), and their website was recently updated (which would appear to indicate that they're still in operation). So it seems like someone is still running the business -- but isn't communicating with customers.

It's not like I've been constantly bugging them or anything: I waited until Apr. 2 to send my first inquiry into the status of my order (since their standard 8 week delivery time had passed). No response. I found a post on another forum where someone mentioned they once had to wait 6 months due to the backlog of orders, so I waited until Jun. 16 until I sent a second email, requesting a refund if work had not actually begun on my order. Again, no response. I called the long distance number on their site sometime in mid July and left a message with my order number and phone number, but again, no response. I tried one last time through email on Jul. 30, but still no response.

So I'm stuck with a bit of a problem, since I can't even get a response to my request for a refund. It seems like my next move would be to go through my bank to get the charge refunded, but I don't know how much luck I'll have with that considering how long it's been since the actual charge was made. What I'd most like is to suddenly get a reply and an acknowledgment that I WILL be receiving my item soon/in a little while/whenever -- again, it's not so much the wait as the fact that I don't know if I'm actually waiting for anything due to the lack of communication.

So this is the best place I could think of to see if anyone else had any experience or contact with Authentic Wardrobe. Is this normal? Is it a fluke? Am I completely doomed?

"Do something meaningful in this meaningless world."
Takasugi Shinsaku (1839-1867)
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know that Authentic Wardrobe frequents the Renfaire circuit, at least in the midwest. For several years they've been at the Ohio and Michigan Renaissance festivals; the latter starts next Saturday. I'd be surprised if these were the only two faires they do.

My guess is that they are probably producing stock for the always-busy Renfaire season. Most businesses that make and/or sell Med/Ren materiel are often very busy getting ready for upcoming festivals that they will have a booth at, and therefore will be difficult to get a hold of. I have bought some items from AW before, but never thru their website - always from their booth at faire.

If you absolutely can't get a hold of them by phone or email or letter, I wonder if it would be worth it to actually go to a Renfaire where they'll be and talk to them in person at their booth! I would probably do this as a last resort. If this is no more feasible than getting a hold of someone at AW, getting a refund through your bank may be your best bet.

Sorry about your situation, David! I hope this helps... Sad

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Jeffrey J

PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I bought a kilt from them at last years Reni fair in Ohio. It was too big and needed to be sized. I still dont have it! But I do get responses saying they are working on it.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Has anyone had any luck ordering from Authentic Wardrobe?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic