David Morier's Culloden
Does anyone know where a commercial copy of this famous painting might be found? I'd like to study a close-up of the weapons, etc. I've searched the internet but can't find anything available.

Thanks!!
Re: David Morier's Culloden
GG Osborne wrote:
Does anyone know where a commercial copy of this famous painting might be found? I'd like to study a close-up of the weapons, etc. I've searched the internet but can't find anything available.

Thanks!!

Glen...

You have probably already thought of them, but Billings Sutlers might have a print. They have prints of just about everything else. However, I do not have a clue how to reach them. I only see them at Highland Games.
I too have wanted a copy/print of the painting but to date have not obtained one. The painting is in the "Queens" collection and there is a dept. that looks after prints info. etc. (I have no idea how to contact them). Through the years I have seen various prints (small) one in B&W (that gives better defination). You mention an interest in weapons from the painting and I assume its the Targes as I don't think one can get sufficient detail/defination on the other weapons. I have made copies of the 6 targes in the painting one of which I will have to revise based on new info. (the stud size and spacing will have to be changed). Good luck in your search.
I don't see that one anywhere, but fine art repro/poster sites have an amazing collection of historical prints:

Here are some Culloden prints:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat...Field2.y=0

http://www.bridgemanartondemand.com/index.cfm...mp;colour=

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: