Effigies from northern Germany
Hi

New user on the forum, correct me if Im doing something wrong or posting in the wrong forum.

To my question:

I am recreating a armor of a meduim wealthy knight from Sweden, during the mid 14th century.
I do need though inspiration , and sadly we lack alot of effigies or images from that period locally.

The knight in person, is a local noble from the Swedish inlands, from a imigrated german family.
Thusly I am in need of inspiration, mostly from northern Germany, but I havent found any effigies from that region.
So , anyone has acsess and are willing to share some I would greatly appriciate it.

Regards,

Jimi
Hi Jimmi - welcome to myArmoury. I don't know of anything from Sweden, but here is a link to another myArmoury post called Knight-o-Rama that has a wealth of English effigies in the period you are interested in, via a link to a web site. You may find inspiration in some of the English effigies, or perhaps even some Swedish ones elsewhere on the site. Good luck!

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p...ht=#128612
Thanks alot!

There are no effigies or illustrations from Sweden during that time, since the old library of Tre Kronor was destroyed in the great castle fire during the 17th century.

What Im looking for really are effigies and illustrations of German knights and soliders, preferably from northern Germany.
Ie Mecklenburg, Holstein and so on.

Havent been able to locate any just searching on google, and therefore Im turning to this forum.
Hei Jimi,

And welcome to myArmoury :)

Here is a site that you might like to wade through...............it might take some time though.......... :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roelipilami/

It is absolutely crammed with stuff !

There is also a very interesting and quite inexpensive book, $15, from Dover publications called 'Medieval Arms and Armour; a pictorial archive', by J.H.Hefner - Alteneck. ISBN# 0-486-43740-X. It has some very good reproductions of about 14 or 15 effigies from Germany from the 14th century. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if they are northern Germany or not.

Hopefully, James Gillaspie will read this, he can tell you far more about these than I ever can !

Regards,

Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: