Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Renaissance Festival Preparation Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christopher VaughnStrever

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Renaissance Festival Preparation         Reply with quote

I am going through my pre-Ren Fest warm up. My favorite is the Texas Renaissance Festival; where the "must have" Kings Feast Dinning will be. My kit is gathering up to 60~70lbs right now (At the start my kit was only 40lbs) At least for myself; I sweat all day, even when the weather has a slight chill in the air.

So to condition myself to take that for the weekend of the ren fest, I start by driving with no A/C and the windows up for as long as I can possibly take it (I drive 60% of the day) In order to build some muscle on my shoulders on the weekends as much as I can (Which is not too often. Can't wear maile every where) I'll wear my maile for the day (Weighs 38lbs)

I really do not like "working out" lifting weights and all. i start this about mid summer and continue till about 1 week from the ren fest. Then I have my fun for the weekend and I am able to enjoy myself. My sweat just acts like a coolant as it soaks into my shirt. I dont feel any discomfort as my body is trained to endure and then again it sure is nice to see the reaction from people that see your kit.

I was wondering how everyone else gets ready or of any traditions in preparation? Also I was wondering where the majority goes to for festivals.

Experience and learning from such defines maturity, not a number of age

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Renaissance Festival Preparation
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic