Terrible experiences at Medieval Collectibles
Has anyone else shopped at Medieval collectibles?

I have had continuing horrible experience with the head customer service representative over there... In any case, I had been purchasing tons of things from them since January... One sword tip arrived bent and the head woman customer service representative has been a complete nightmare to deal with and is extremely unprofessional. Told me that if UPS would not credit here, she would not credit me, etc... it goes on and on... A couple mopnths later I accepted the bent tip and just let it be... For some reason I continued to buy from them, although I should not have... I bough a few more large orders... One silly little item, a $35.00 banner was incorrectly shipped, she simply shipped the wrong one. I called to tell someone about it and she got on the phone and accused me of trying to return it simply because I did not want it... Which was silly! I told her she simply sent me the wrong one and I already owned that one... I simply wanted an exchange for the one I ordered. Anyway, I shipped it back via the post office for $29.00 (I could not use UPS or Fedex because it was a P.O.Box) She called me at work telling me that she was not going to re-imburse the shipping (like she had originally planned) and that I should have included the label to PROVE it was not the one I already owned (I have no idea where this person is coming from) ... she thought I was lying about the reason for the exchange which makes no sense... I am completely baffled... Has anyone else been treated poorly by the head customer service woman there? Anyway, I was trying to reach the owner, but I can't get past this person who simply hangs up the phone. The other co-workers said I can write a letter to a p.o. box, but that is it... I've never run into anything so strange before... I cannot be the only one who has had a problem with them. Does anyone know anything about Medieval Collectibiles or who runs that place?
you can report them to the better business beuro :idea:
There are a lot of good vendors out there and some extraordinary ones so that you should not waste any more of your money or time ordering anything new ( Well, that would be old actually ;) ) from a place that gives you really bad service and doesn't seem to be able to deal with people with even a minimum of professionalism.

If you can get a hold of someone higher up the food chain maybe you can get past this person and at least get a fair hearing of your complaints.

Better Business Bureau or you have paid by Creditcard they might take note of this bad service and suggest some action like make an official complaint or get some of your money back ?

Small claims court ? Or, decide to take it as a learning experience and write it off as a waste of time and not worth the aggravation of pursuing it, but certainly find alternate vendors.

Well, if you can get more satisfaction from pursuing it than it's costing you in stress then maybe you can take some time to research what are the best ways to make your point including possible legal action if such is possible ?
My concern, which is difficult to express on this forum, is about the head customer service person. I was hoping someone on this forum might know more about the owners of this company. Medieval Collectibles seems like one of the largest online stores of its type. I do not think the owners are aware of the situation, yet it is impossible to get any imformation on how to hold this person accountable for their actions. This store, like others of its type, are simply a warehouse with items and a few tables with phones and computers. There is more to the story, but it is long and difficult to express within the strict guidelines of the forum. In any case, if anyone else has had some bad experiences or knows who owns this company, please let me know...

Thanks,

Chris
Chris Artman wrote:
My concern, which is difficult to express on this forum, is about the head customer service person. I was hoping someone on this forum might know more about the owners of this company. Medieval Collectibles seems like one of the largest online stores of its type. I do not think the owners are aware of the situation, yet it is impossible to get any imformation on how to hold this person accountable for their actions. This store, like others of its type, are simply a warehouse with items and a few tables with phones and computers. There is more to the story, but it is long and difficult to express within the strict guidelines of the forum. In any case, if anyone else has had some bad experiences or knows who owns this company, please let me know...

Thanks,

Chris

Chris...

You are dealing with something here that is rampant on the Internet. It is a company with little or no inventory that orders when you order. Many times the items are drop shipped from the manufacturer/distributor to your location and the seller never even sees the merchandise. There is nothing wrong with drop shipping as it can get the goods to the customer faster, but if you have to return an item that's when a problem can come up with some of these businesses. If they only give you a PO Box to limit how and what you can return, then that is also a red flag. Any truly reputable company that is concerned about customer service and satisfaction will not do that.

You also got hold of a real inconsiderate employee in their customer service person if she essentially called you a liar for wanting to return the banner.

My suggestion to you is that you stop doing business with these people altogether if you cannot get satisfaction. There are plenty of reputable companies out there that will welcome your business and take care of any problems you may have with their goods. And, my compliments to you on your patience. I would have cut them loose the first time I had a problem.

Last edited by Lin Robinson on Sat 12 Jul, 2008 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hey Chris,

Do you still have funds owed to you by this company?

Give me the contact details and I will get it for you.

Don't buy anything else from them.
To be honest, it is a rather long story with lots of details... My main concern was to try and find the owner of this company and share those concerns about this head employee. Its not even about the money at this point. I'm not going to spend a ton of time or energy on this, but would eventually like to speak to the ownership at some point. It is quite possible that this head of customer service who is the highest I can go at this 'warehouse' is a part owner or something although she denied that at one point. I just thought someone here might have information on this company or just happen to know the owner. Anyway, thanks for looking...
Chris Artman wrote:
To be honest, it is a rather long story with lots of details... My main concern was to try and find the owner of this company and share those concerns about this head employee. Its not even about the money at this point. I'm not going to spend a ton of time or energy on this, but would eventually like to speak to the ownership at some point. It is quite possible that this head of customer service who is the highest I can go at this 'warehouse' is a part owner or something although she denied that at one point. I just thought someone here might have information on this company or just happen to know the owner. Anyway, thanks for looking...

As Lin pointed out, there is likely no warehouse. This looks to be an extremely small operation to me. It's very likely the person you're dealing with is the owner of the online business.
They have to be maintaining at least some inventory (or somehow grouping orders), since they're offering products from businesses with minimum order quantities, such as United Cutlery and Ritter Steel (Knight's Edge). But I agree, if it's a small enough business whose primary means of operation is to drop-ship, then I can see where some of the difficulty comes in. However, it's not an excuse. If they want to build a loyal customer base, this sort of behavior is detrimental to their on-going business. Web stores that do this rely on mostly new customers rather than repeat customers, or repeat customers who never have a problem arise.

Having run a small online business before, I know how difficult it is to manage the products when not maintaining an inventory, and dealing with minimum order sizes with the distributors. However, I never drop-shipped. I absorbed the shipping, and verified the products before sending them out, and was happy to deal with any customer issues that arose. So this sort of lack of customer service is mind boggling to me.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: