Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Closing shop effective August 10, 2008 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jason Dingledine

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Closing shop effective August 10, 2008         Reply with quote

I have not posted any new updates in quite some time for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I wanted to get the last of my back-orders organized and ready to finish. All outstanding orders currently have parts at the foundry being cast and should be in by the third week of this month if all goes as planned.

Secondly, I am permanently closing my shop to take on a new career path. I have enlisted in the US Army and I leave Mid-August for Fort Bening, Ga. to conduct OSUT, Airborne and Ranger Schools.

I may be able to finish a few more Japanese blades before I leave, but nothing new for completed Euro or Fantasy swords. I may attempt to work on small projects during the time I have leave (here and there), and these will be posted on the website as they are available.

After I leave, my wife will be maintaining the website for information and any sales of remaining pieces. All items will be given a specific item code and no further alterations will be available (no polishing, mounting, etc. All items are sold as is).

I want to thank all of my customers for their time and patronage.

Jason Dingledine
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well in any case very best wishes and that the " wargods " be on your side or just " God " depending on your beliefs.

That is a very Big career change and I'm not asking why because it's none of our business unless you want to discuss it.

I am impressed because this is one of those decisions that is a major crossroad in one's life journey and I'm sure it wasn't taken lightly.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
David Quivey

Reading list: 21 books

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My very best wishes then and thank you for your service. I'll certainly miss seeing your fine work around, but good luck. I'm off to Benning myself in mid August.
Christian Callender

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, Jason. I've always admired your work for some years now (you worked on some of my Abion pieces) and I hope you'll get a chance to make some more. As an Army officer recently back from being deployed overseas, I'm gratified to know that such a quality individual has decided to join our ranks. Good luck at Benning; I remember it being tough, but not impossible. Rangers lead the way.

Christian
Dan Dickinson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason a piece of your fine work will always have a treasured place in my collection (the XVI in my avatar). If you do as well in this next endeavor as you have in your last, you should climb the ranks quickly.
Best of luck and thanks for serving,
Dan
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Take care and best wishes Jason,
I'l look forward to when you post you've retired rich Wink and have decided to make stuff again to keep you busy,
Be well Cool

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Closing shop effective August 10, 2008
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic