Go to page Previous  1, 2

I think the consensus is that it is plausible. It depends on the range...100 yards, possible, 50 yards not likely, 25 yards and the target wont hear the shot.
Torsten F.H. Wilke wrote:

So Jean, if I understand you right, you are willing to be the new body-double for proofing modern armour re-creations against historic musket-shot? At distance, of course :)

That would be NO ! As I think I mentioned a few times:
Quote:
" If one just looks at buckshot ballistics in a modern shotgun: #1 buck will be almost harmless at 100 yards ( Still would prefer to not be the target and find out for sure " ).

Oh, saw an old video of someone being shot with a 7.62 Nato bullet while wearing a rifle proof ( resistant ) at around 3" distance: Test made by the maker of Second chance body armour. ( Sort of crazy thing to do ! ).
( I think this video was also recently in a link in a recent post here at " myArmoury " )

The guy shot at may have been rocked on his heels just a little bit but certainly not blown across the room ! ( Well, not a room as it was out doors. :p Just that the expression works ).

Torsten: Oh, not taking your comments too seriously. ;) I just took the opportunity to relate more information. ;) :lol: :cool:
In order for you not to hear the shot at all, I think most likely the shot would have to be brain-penetrating, and enter at a higher velocity than the speed of the nerve impulses from the inner ear (which isn't hard since nerve impulses actually don't travel very fast). :)

As far as knocking someone across a room.... let's remember simply physics. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. And since the projectile loses energy due to air drag, it actually strikes the target with less force than the recoil that the shooter feels. Any shot strong enough to throw the target across the room would do the same to the shooter.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: