For Sale: Darkwood Armory English Basket Hilt
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This Darkwood Armoury English Basket Hilt is based on the Basket Hilt II on the Darkwood Armoury website. The quillons are custom and based on quillons found on 16th century German basket hilts. So the hilt is more historically plausible than it is a replica of a specific hilt. The grip is twisted and wire-wrapped. There is still much potential for customization.

The blade is a blunt 36” Darkwood backsword blade with a single fuller. This blade would be suitable for reenactment and/or Historical European Swordsmanship (e.g., Silver).

This sword is one year old and has only been dry handled for drills.

This sword was $825.00 when new. I am asking for $650 plus $30 for shipping. I am also open to reasonable offers. PayPal accepted and preferred (please add 3% to cover PayPal fees). Other forms of payment such as money orders also accepted.

More photos available upon request. [url="http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=9810&highlight=darkwood"]Here[/url] is a thread on this sword from myArmoury.

Thanks for looking!

Jonathan

PM sent.

Mark Millman

Per several requests, some pics with sword in hand:

Folks,

I bought this sword, which is beautiful and exactly as described.

I can also say that Jonathan Hopkins both rules and rocks, as he cheerfully made a special effort to get it to me in time for an event this weekend.

I couldn't be happier with the sale or with his help.

Mark Millman

Mark was an excellent buyer. He kept me posted on payments and was very flexible when it can to quoting him an exact amount for shipping. I am glad the sword is well-received!

Thank you,
Jonathan

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: