Book tips
This is a little off-topic, but since nearly 300 members have created reading lists through our Bookstore, I'll bet some might find it helpful.

Anyone buying books has had to deal with price sticker residue at some point or another. As an avid book collector it's been the bane of my existence in the past.

After searching the net for ways to get rid of it, I came across a very simple way to deal with it: a pencil eraser. Yep, a pencil eraser. Softer is better than harder and I've had better luck with white ones than ones that are black. But it will lift the glue residue off. Stubborn residue may take a while, but I've had a lot of success in getting it all off.

I once bought a book from a forumite who had handled the book many times with hands grubby from the shop. I used my trusty eraser to clean from dingy and soiled to nearly brand new.

Disclaimer: this may not work on all types of paper. Always test a small area first. :)

Anyone else have tips on common book issues?
Hi Chad,

I would think that an artists 'putty rubber' would do the trick quite nicely, though I haven't tried it myself yet. This should give good results with finger marks and general grime , I would have thought.
Another thing that I have tried in the past is 'Blu-tak'. Rolled into a ball, and then rolled over the offending mark, this does, depending on the glue and the type of paper, sometimes give good results with price sticker marks.

Regards,

Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: