Arms and Armor Of The Medieval Knight
I would like to recommend this book if you can find it since it gives a century by century overview of the weapons and armor of the medieval warrior. Many of the illustrations are in color as are the pictures of some of the swords in Oakshott's typology of swords. You can see the logical progession of arms and armor century by century before your eyes and have well written text to help guide you and answer questions.

This book also has photographs of scenes from the Bayeuz Tapestry, as well as appendices showing different pieces of plate armor and how they fit together and were fastened.

Arms and Armor Of The Medieval Knight, An Illustrated History of weaponry in the Middle Ages by David Edge and John Miles Paddock; Published by Crescent Books Copyright 1988 ISBN 0-517-64468-1

Regards,

Harry
You should create a reading list in our Books Section and submit a book review of the title.
Appreciate Suggestion
Thank you Nathan. I have taken up your suggestion and have started a reading list with book reviews.
Awesome! I love that. if I can so so myself, the books section is one of my favorite features on this site.
It's a pretty good book. I picked up a copy on here some years ago.

M.
Thanks for the recommendation Harry!

That's exactly the kind of book I've been looking for. Just ordered it (used, of course) from Amazon via myArmoury.
You and Nathan also caused me to take a much closer look at the book section, which I'll certainly start taking advantage of.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: