Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Two Words: BLADE PRESENCE Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
David Lannon

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Two Words: BLADE PRESENCE         Reply with quote

I just got the Tritonia from Albion. This is a POWERFUL sword. Those of you who have had the opportunity to handle the A and A German Bastard know what I mean when I say this sword is similar (in one handed fashion). It 's a cleaver. But it is NOT a boat anchor. I was pleasantly supprised at how well it handles. I would tend to agree with Peter that this was meant for mounted use. I would not want to swing it all day. And this sword moving at 15 MPH with 1200 pounds of horse and rider behind it would be something to see. (from a ways off of course Big Grin )

The spherical pommel is beautiful, but I suppose it could "get in your way" in some cuts....I dunno....i like it anyway. This sword is VERY sharp. Much sharper than any of my other Albions (or any other swords I own...Except for that Katana which will cut a floating silk scarf of course....... Laughing Out Loud )

The BEST part is that Albion did not bill me.......SHHHHHH don't tell Mike Sigman............

I'll post pics when I can although Nathans are MUCH better that anything I can take even though I have the same camera.....

Cheers[

Dave Lannon

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations on a great sword. I would love to handle a Tritonia myself- what a beast! THe only problem must be how tempting it is to do some cutting and yet one cannot risk damaging such a fine blade. I must wait for my Norman which should be arriving today! Big Grin Jeremy
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations on an outstanding sword David. I was very impressed by the Tritonia when I evaluated it. This was the sword that really opened my eyes to the importance of mass distribution. If I hadn't already been committed to purchasing my "Big Johnsson" from Peter I may have ordered a Tritonia then and there. I probably will anyway, sometime in the future. Don't worry about harming the blade during cutting, if you choose to do so. The proper cutting mediums won't harm that beast!
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Even if your pics arn't that great its always nice to some new ones.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Two Words: BLADE PRESENCE
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic