Broken Hearted: DT2170 Schiavona
Just happen to bounce over to Bjorn Hellqvists' web-site and notice a listing of dis-continued Del Tin swords. On the list was the # 2170 Schiavona. Please tell me this isn't so! Man, I've drooled over the pics of Nathan's model of this particular blade. Info. please........
The DT2170 has been discontinued for a while. But take heart. Del Tin has come up with a new, better Schiavona, the DT5173 - see Nathan's pictures of it here - http://www.myArmoury.com/swor_dt5173.html Also, look at my avatar.
Thanks Roger.

Man, that really hurts. I much prefer the basket on the 2170, but maybe someday, Nathan will get tried of his and want to let it go.....(yea, right).
William Goodwin wrote:
Thanks Roger.

Man, that really hurts. I much prefer the basket on the 2170, but maybe someday, Nathan will get tried of his and want to let it go.....(yea, right).

The DT2170 has been discontinued for many, many years. I bought mine used about a year ago. It's not a particularly great sword, my example, but I've seen others that were higher quality. I still like mine, as it very closely replicates many of the more rough authentic examples that history has brought us. As you probably know, there are many, many very "rough" surviving Schiavone that were clearly more munitions grade pieces. My particular DT2170 definitely looks the part for that.

Check out this pic:

[ Linked Image ]
Left to right: Custom Schiavona by Phoenix Metal Creations, DT2170 circa 1995, DT2170 circa 1991

The DT2170 in the center belongs to Adrian Ko. The others are mine.
Nathan,

Thanks for the reply. Guess the "rustic" look of the 2170 is was has such an appeal me. I've only recently started researching and studying the Schiavona more. The next item to my collect hopefully will be a Schiavona. Just have to wait 'til after Aug. when my Armour Class Mortuary is scheduled to be ready.
Speaking of Armour Class, they also make a schiavona. I've seriously considered getting it, off and on. It's a handsome looking sword, but doesn't look much like any original schiavona that I've seen. No thumb ring either!

Attachment: 37.89 KB
schiavonaacj.jpg
Armour Class Schiavona
Hi everyone;
Armour Class will add a thumb ring, if you ask them nicely. I know I did!
So I hope to lay my hands on that beauty in June :)
Aye,
I've spied the A-C Schiavona a few times as well, almost went for that instead of the Mortuary, but based on I've really wanted the A-C Mort. for so long, that's what I opted for. Here's a pic of the mortuary ( this ones owned by Markus H.)

Attachment: 41.4 KB
Full.jpg

William -- that mortuary looks great! You've got me wavering now, because the AC I've always coveted is that schiavona.

Which brings me to Manfred -- please, please, PLEASE post pics and a review (or send them to me) when you get your schiavona. I've been looking at that one for a long time now, debating, and a thumb ring would close the deal for me. A living, breathing person who owns one wouldn't hurt, either ;)

Last edited by Josh Aldous on Wed 07 Apr, 2004 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Thanks Josh. It is a beaut. The wait until late July/ early Aug. when it gets here is going to be killer. Agree also, will love to see a review on the A-C Schiavona from Manfred.
Ok, I'll give my best, as soon as I can ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: