Northern Indiana Sword Gathering Interest?
While it is earlier than we have had them in the past, most people that I have talked with are going a bit stir crazy after the long winter. Mark from Ollin Sword design and myself have been talking about having one pretty soon here in South Bend and thinking about April 26 for a possible date. Right now it is looking like more of a cutting party with show and tell, but we are open to suggestions for other demos and activities. If you might be interested in coming just let me know.

Shane Allee
I might be able to make it.
I am a bit stir crazy at that.
Joe Fults wrote:
I am a bit stir crazy at that.

Me, too. I could use a long drive, good company, and hacking at things with swords...
It would be good to see you two again, it has been awhile.

Nate and Mark both started asking me if I had thought about about having a spring get together back in about Febaruary. Think Mark had about two foot of snow on the ground at the time so I understand. Still not sure if Nate will be able to make it up, but if he does I may be working on a metal scabbard that weekend for him. Don't know what all Mark will have in the works, but between the two of us there should be a good bit of in progress stuff.

Shane
Nate and I can always carpool, since he just lives across town. :) Maybe Mark and Ted will want to go, too.
Ok, would May 3rd work better for people?

Shane
For me, toss a coin.
I can't do May 3rd and now can't do the 26th of April either.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Nate and I can always carpool, since he just lives across town. :) Maybe Mark and Ted will want to go, too.

D'oh! I've already got something going on that day. Otherwise, I'd likely tag along. I'm sure guys would've had a ball with my newest acquisition: an Angus Trim model 1313.
Hiya Shane! You can most certainly count me in! WOW! Do I ever have the plastic jugs :!:

Sir Robert Burns II

"The Knight of Madness"
Looks like we are going to try for May 3rd then. We do have some interest, but hope to get a few more people by then. Still not sure if Nate will be able to make it or not. I'll check to see how many bottle that I have, but I'm pretty sure that I still have a couple of bags from the last one.

Shane
Yeah, May 3rd might be much nicer weather than tomorrow, looks like windy and 57 degrees as a high, so maybe another week might make a nice difference. Planning to see you all then!
Thanks Shane for another very fun time to come! I sure do appreciate your hospitality!

Thanks Very Much!

Bob
Yeah...rain tonight and tomorrow.

Good call on the weekends.
Well a bit of a scheduling mess on my part now. Turns out that my son, who never does a great job of getting all the details of anything to us, is wrestling in the All Ohio Duals which start Friday night and run through Saturday.
Well this just isn't coming together at this time, so I'm thinking that we should hold off for a couple of weeks. I had planned to have a Gallico Belgae camp weekend around the end of May, but haven't had a chance to find a location for that even. So right now I'm thinking it would be best to just see about getting together maybe May 24 or any weekend later in the month that would work for people. Mothers day weekend would probably be out though.

Shane
Looking like we should have pretty good weather tomorrow. Hope to see everyone about one eastern time.

Shane

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: