For Sale: Del Tin 2159 Backsword
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I've had this sword a few years, and have barely touched it except to clean it, so here it goes.

I am not the original owner of this sword. This sword is in the exact condition as when I received it. I understand that it was bought through MRL when they still distributed Del Tin swords.

The hilt is very secure and tight, although there is very very slight play in the cross. There are some minor casting flaws in the cross, which are visible in one of the hilt images.

The blade was sharpened by Christian Fletcher and has a beveled edge, which I couldn't get to show very clearly in a photograph. The previous owner has apparently done some soft-target test cutting, as there are minute scratches on portions of the flat, though there is no edge damage at all.

It also had a wooden core scabbard made by Christian Fletcher. Nothing ornate, and no belt, but it has a steel tip. It also does not fit the sword very tightly and only extends up to the finger rings, though it does reach well past the sharpened portion of the blade.

Overall length: 43.5 inches
Blade length: 37.5 inches
Weight: 3.25 pounds

New, this sword would cost $462, plus whatever Mr. Fletcher used to charge for a basic scabbard, plus the cost of sharpening.

Asking price: $300 plus $15 shipped insured to the continental US. I will ship it elsewhere, but I will need to get a quote.

Cashier's check or Money Orders only (sorry, I don't have PayPal). Sorry, no trades. I need the cash for school.

thanks for looking
David Kite
GFS, ARMA in IN

Attachment: 148.69 KB
Profile with scabbard [ Download ]

Attachment: 145.13 KB
Hilt [ Download ]

Attachment: 134.29 KB
Another view. Note the lower left corner. [ Download ]

Bump.

Price drop to $275 and includes shipping to the continental US

I received the DT 2159 from David today, an altogether satisfactory buying experience.
Thank you, sir.

JT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: