Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Your last sword
What was the last sword you purchased for your collection?

For me, it was the Del Tin 5173 Schiavona:

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
It was either my customized ArmArt S4 or the Armour Class basket hilt. They came around the same time almost two years ago.

http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/displayimage.php?pos=-4160

http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/displayimage.php?pos=-4176

I've been too poor since then to buy anything else. :)
That would be my Albion Crecy. Fantastic sword, amazing agility. I really, really like it. I don't have any pics of it, but, of course, the sword is displayed on the Albion website and in Nathan's photo gallery.
Because of my relative poorness, my last swords have been cheapy types, though not too bad in quality for the money. The last one I got was the MRL medieval short sword, actually. The last sword I bought that I was really sure was a keeper, though, was nearly 2 years back... a Parrell made custom Viking/Saxon type blade. Hopefully in the coming months I'll have a pattern welded leafblade to boast of, though. Depends on when Glen finishes it up... :)
The last sword that I bought was my Floral hilted rapier from Erik Stevenson. Been spending my cash on other things since we got married :\ ...that's gonna have to change soon :cool:

Actually I bought a really cheap pompeii gladius off ebay, rat tail tang and all. I wanted a scabbard for my Albion Pompeii, and $35 for the scabbard and cheapo sword was a good price!
Well, like Nathan, my latest sword was a DT5173 Schiavona. I was curious about the design, and ordered one as soon as I found out that Del Tin was going to introduce the model again.
Latest Sword
Got a Tinker XVIIIe, blunted for wma. It is awesome! 54" OA. Will post pics as soon as I have access to a dig camera.
I believe it was the Vince Evans/"Dead Guy" Glasgow-style Horseman's hilted sword with interesting antique blade....

No, I take that back. I just sent off payment to Australia, for a bronze Canaanite-style Khopesh from Manning Imperial. It's just that the Vince Evans got here first. :lol:
David Wilson wrote:

No, I take that back. I just sent off payment to Australia, for a bronze Canaanite-style Khopesh from Manning Imperial. It's just that the Vince Evans got here first. :lol:

I was just looking their site over again the other night and noticed some of the ancient weapon types they have there. Really nice looking work. But, then, so is the rest of the work there.
Mine would be the Vince Evans D'Arcy Brontosword. A hand-and-a-half.

Attachment: 36.78 KB
D'Arcy the Brontosword 1.JPG

Mine is an antique cup-hilt rapier:

[ Linked Image ]

More pics here:
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23001

I'm also awaiting a semi-custom from ArmourClass which should arrive very soon.

/Lars
Windlass/MRL falchion-my cheap & chippy chopper. The patina improves every day and I love it!
My latest purchase was an Armourclass "S" Baskethilt that purchased used. You'll probably recognize the photo below as Patrick Kelly's old sword. He sold it to the guy I bought it from so this is my sword now! And as I haven't taken any new photos of it yet, I'm using his pic.

I'm extremely happy with it -- this is a very cool sword! This year I kind of pulled a "Don Nelson" and bought three new swords. This one, an Albion Fulham Gladius (reviewed on Swordforum), and a Glen Parrell Viking (also reviewed on Swordforum). I'm going to lay a little low for the next few months, both to save up some money for the next purchase and to wait and see how the Albion Vikings finally turn out. The Vinland is looking pretty good......

--Steve

Attachment: 53.24 KB
mcdonaldthomas-824.jpg

My "S" Hilt basket from Erik Stevenson of Phonenix Metal Creations.

dave

Attachment: 4.76 KB
wholes_.jpg

This would be the Armour Class Mortuary Hilted sword, which should hopefully arrive around next week. I'll post some pics when I have it.
I bought this AT1421 from the SFI Classifieds.

Attachment: 111.36 KB
[ Download ]
Paul Chen 2002-gt
A Del Tin 2160 German H&H. I've always liked this sword and couldn't resist a recent one on ebay.
A 'Pinch of Snuff' backsword, by Eljay Erickson ! Mac
Keith Kipferl wrote:
A Del Tin 2160 German H&H. I've always liked this sword and couldn't resist a recent one on ebay.

Hey Keith,
Nice grab! That's a beauty and was going for a very good price, but I couldn't convince the CFO to let me bid on it.....turns out she's maxxed out the credit card. :eek:
Congrats!
Mike

P.S. To stay on topic, I'll add that my last (and first sword added to my collection so far) is my lovely Albion Acre I purchased last year. This year's budget went toward an A&A Classic Medieval dagger and a scabbard for my Acre by Art Elwell.
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 1 of 75

Jump to: