Is there an ARMA branch in Maine?
I've been ponderously searching through the relevant sites. Is there any school of Middle Ages Euro-Sword in the Penboscot Bay area? I haven't found one in the obvious ways. Any directions would be helpful.
If you are looking specifically for an ARMA branch (actually a study group) in Maine I'd recommend posting a the question in the ARMA forum on their website. They might not have a study group in Maine proper but you might find a member or two.
There is the Cateran Society that teaches Scottish Broadsword in Portland (which I very much want to visit, but I haven't gotten around to yet), there is the Academy of the Knightly Arts down in Dover NH (Fiore tradition I believe) and a bunch of poor souls like Addison, Kenton and I that drive all over God's creation to train with such notables as Christian Henry Tobler :) I am sure there are others, but Maine is a tad removed from the mainstream it would seem.
Ok, so the Cateran Society is post middle age, but it still looks cool.
Thanks!
We're flying out there in a few hours. I'll have to look them up once we've moved, if that wind sup happening.
Well, I can't really help you with your ARMA search, but if you ever want to do some cutting, I migrate between Old Town and Liberty (near Belfast) and always enjoy meeting another sword enthusiast.

Kenton
I don't know of any WMA groups in Maine besides the ones that Allen mentioned, but Penobscot Bay is about an hour and a half away from me; maybe we could do some cutting sometime. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: