Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Conan Father Sword owners Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
If you want a sword that is just like the one that Conan carried in the film - even with its flaws - then this is the sword for you.

Here's the thing though...

When Conan carried the Father's Sword, the blade was broken...

So this one isn't like the one he carried in the film at all.
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now that response was much better. Mr. Hastings Happy

I agree on many of your points, but I also disagree with others. I still feel there is a difference between construction flaws and post purchase repairs. I also was implying that the "statement" felt more like a shrug of indifference to any possible fault. The spoiled response was just to your post. I'm pulling a late nighter so my thoughts are a little muddled and maybe less clear when typed.

I really do hope they come to an amicable conclusion, but I also hope that the issue is dealt with as any regular customer would expect. I don't expect albion to just bend over, yet I also don't expect customers to feel too scared to legitimately question the products they buy from companies that have such a huge following. I love albion as much as the next person here, but I don't think any company should be exempt from legitimate scrutiny.

I'm not going to defend or attack anyone here. I just wanted to be sure my point was made and that he wasn't alone in the feelings I feel were justified.

Wink
Edit: someone snuck in a quick jab.... funny in its way, but Confused

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related

Last edited by Alex Oster on Wed 30 Apr, 2008 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
J Anstey

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whitney Hastings wrote:
I'm sorry you feel my post was uncool, but that was my personal opinion and you do not have to agree with it. I truly am sorry that he doesn't like the quality of service that he received from Albion.

You may have proven that not all of them come with a gap like his sword did, but as can clearly be seen on the sword picture on the Albion website, the sword has a gap. I believe in one of his posts he even said that he wanted the sword to be of the same quality that the pictured one was, well, it is in terms of looking at the pictures. Quite honestly, you don't have to buy the whole 'it's like this because it was hand-made," but that is was Albion has to say in response to the question he asked them, and that's that. They did not tell him that he had to believe it, but that was their reason for the problem he was having.

As for your comment about buying a brand new car and there was a flaw in the fender alignment, you wouldn't drive back to the company and expect them to fix the flaw as well as pay for your gas to get there. Unfortunately, no one has taken the time to read the Albion Guarantee on their website, to refresh everyone's memory

"Great care was taken in the making and assembly of your Albion sword. However, even with the pains taken to seal and stabilize all of the organic materials used, extremes in temperature and humidity can sometimes create small expansions and shrinkage that lead to potential loosening of the hilt. Although rare, should this occur we offer refurbishment and repair by our shop at no cost to you apart from return shipping."

Albion clearly states the the consumer has to pay for the return shipping.

The only thing that bothers me about your reply back was your statement that he was shrugged off by the company and spoiled or too picky. No where in any of the statements that Howy Waddell had made has he ever stated such a comment. J stated they would be prepared to fix the issues with the sword or he was more than welcome to get a refund. It was MY personal opinion that he was being picky which had NOTHING to do with the company's opinion. I would just like to clarify because I do not want this company getting a reputation for something I, a consumer, stated.

I truly am sorry that he is unhappy with the quality of his product, I wish for the money he paid that he would be happy. In the end, he has gotten his answer from the company on several different levels, Mike's response, the guarantee, and from Howy. He may not like it, but the response he got he needs to accept as the company's response because no matter the amount of complaining or nitpicking, their response will probably still be the same.

Just a reminder, this is *MY* opinion and should no way be taken as the opinion of anyone else or this company.

I wont bother getting involved with an argument with you. 3 posts on this forum and all of them against anyone who's opinion differs from yours regarding Albion. You have also resorted to insulting comments towards me.i.e. a spoilt child etc etc.

I will state again for the umpteenth time. I still regard Albion as an A-grade company.

Lets take the shipping out of this equation.

Howard says " Ulitmately, all I can say is that we are always happy to rectify anything the customer is unhappy with, to the best of our ability...."

This is great news.

MIke on the other hand says no. my forthcoming Atlantean will have the same style of runes with blackened infill etc, "As we do it differently now" before the heat treat. Even though it is still a few months away from completion.

Presumably it must be a more cost or time efficient way of doing things. This has nothing to do with me, nor should it, I am only interested in the end product. My end product is different from the previous swords.

So please forgive me if I a bit confused as to what can or will be done apart from the offer to refund all or some of the costs.
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J Anstey wrote:
[

I wont bother getting involved with an argument with you. 3 posts on this forum and all of them against anyone who's opinion differs from yours regarding Albion. You have also resorted to insulting comments towards me.i.e. a spoilt child etc etc.

I will state again for the umpteenth time. I still regard Albion as an A-grade company.

Lets take the shipping out of this equation.

Howard says " Ulitmately, all I can say is that we are always happy to rectify anything the customer is unhappy with, to the best of our ability...."

This is great news.

MIke on the other hand says no. my forthcoming Atlantean will have the same style of runes with blackened infill etc, "As we do it differently now" before the heat treat. Even though it is still a few months away from completion.

Presumably it must be a more cost or time efficient way of doing things. This has nothing to do with me, nor should it, I am only interested in the end product. My end product is different from the previous swords.

So please forgive me if I a bit confused as to what can or will be done apart from the offer to refund all or some of the costs.

Jason:

I am sorry this has gotten a bit out of control. Whitney does NOT represent the views of our company. The customer is always right. Period.

Let's please take this one step at a time. Let's see if we can make the Father's sword meet your expectations before we worry about anything else.

Please send the sword back and let me look at it. We will either correct it, replace it, or give you a full refund. Please send along a letter detailing eveything you would like corrected to make sure that we cover all the bases. We will send you photos of the corrected piece in advance, to save additional shipping costs.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the tone this discussion has taken. You have every right to have your issues resolved and we are happy to do so.

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
J Anstey

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Howard,

I appreciate you taking time to respond and I am sure we can resolve this in a mutually beneficial manner.

I am truly, very grateful that you have brought these swords to life.

Cheers

Jason

PS. Maybe a mod can close this I don't think there is really much more that can or should be said.
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the PM Howard,

I hope I didn't come off looking too much like a jerk. I'm sorry if I was a little bullheadded. I know that you guys are great, and I never had a problem before, nor do I expect to in the future. Thank you for letting me know more of the story though. I understand full well what it is like dealing with both sword customers and picky customers. [not that either is the case here in particular] Unfortunately, I am a proponent of the company taking the hit when a product is delivered not as advertised. I'm not saying it happened on purpose, and maybe its a slight imperfection, but it is a rather big purchase to be cosmetically flawed. I'm glad you are taking a personal and quick interest in resolving the issue, as I knew you guys would once it was brought to your attention.

I don't think ill of you, and I never wanted to give that impression to others. I really didn't/don't know how to express that enough. Its too bad that things, both this particular customer related and in Conan project related, have not ended with better results. I can assure you that everyone owes you thanks for your efforts on these projects.

I still owe you guys at least one last order(discerner), but I'm still back in school so it's going to be a while. Confused

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
James R.Fox

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sirs-Did anybody think of comparing Atlantean manuacturing methodss with Cimmerian methods? Maybe the Cimmerians quenched steel in the blood of their enemies or something.
Ja68ms

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Conan Father Sword owners
Page 4 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: