Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Contact info for Arma Bohemia Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 28 Sep, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Contact info for Arma Bohemia         Reply with quote

Does anyone have a different email address for Arma Bohemia than what their website shows? I've had three messages bounce back in the last day or so.

If you know of a different email address, please send it via PM to me so we can hopefully keep it from getting picked up by webcrawling programs. Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Mathieu Harlaut

PostPosted: Thu 28 Sep, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you send me your private mail I can ask Jakub from Arma Bohemia to get in contact with you.

Anyway, he should be away for the week to come and I should see him on Saturday.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 29 Sep, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mathieu Harlaut wrote:
If you send me your private mail I can ask Jakub from Arma Bohemia to get in contact with you.

Anyway, he should be away for the week to come and I should see him on Saturday.

Thanks! I messaged you my email address.

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 06 Oct, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mathieu Harlaut wrote:

Mathieu, I sent you my email address but that message has not been read. I'd love to get in contact with them.

Does anyone else know a way to reach them? Messages have been bouncing back for over a week.

Happy

ChadA

Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm having a similar issue with e-mails getting bounced back from their site.

If anyone can put me in touch with the folks at Arma Bohemia it would be appreciated.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This worked for me last December:

info@armabohemia.cz

Have not tried recently.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

BTW I did notice that we website has been updated sometime this year as well. Actually I think its been updated within the last 30 days.

Best

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's the address I've been using.

I didn't get a response after I sent it the first time and it appeared to go through.

I tried to resend and it got bounced back with an error message from my e-mail server.

After a few tries it went through again.

Not sure if they are actually getting anything though.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thomas Jason wrote:
That's the address I've been using.

I didn't get a response after I sent it the first time and it appeared to go through.

I tried to resend and it got bounced back with an error message from my e-mail server.

After a few tries it went through again.

Not sure if they are actually getting anything though.

I find out that mine did get through, even though I got bounce-back notices. Once I knew they did get it, it still took 2 months to get a preliminary price quote...

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I sent a test email to that address to test things last night, and I got a response from the company this morning.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Anyone else having trouble getting responses from Arma Bohemia recently? My messages to them over the last 3 weeks haven't been replied to.
Happy

ChadA

Mick Czerep

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jakub travels a lot on business and is notorious for his slow email replies. Patience is all I can advise - works for me.
Cheers
Mick

Sordes ocurrit
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Was in touch with Jakub about 10 days ago. Seems he has been on the road for a fairly extend period and is trying to work through a backlog of emails and orders that need to go out now that he is off the road a bit. The ARMA Bohemia website was updated on November 18, 2007 so he's still alive and in the game at least.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've tried patience. Happy This item in question in one of the unreturned emails was supposed to have been done about three months ago.

I ordered a dagger and scabbard and they were to be done in August. The dagger was, but with no scabbard. The scabbard has taken the intervening 3 months, with delays at every step (the guy who makes the wood cores ran late as did the guy who makes the metal chapes for the scabbard, etc.). The last email I got from them said the chape was supposed to be done by 11/9.

Because of the tanking value of the US Dollar, the delays on this project cost me an extra $40-$50 due to the difference in the value of the USD vs. the Euro in August vs. last month when I paid for it. I could have held off on paying until the item was done, but was afraid the dollar was still going down (and it probably is), making the item's cost go up for me.

Arma Bohemia lost some business from me last year around this time when it took a full two months to get a preliminary (not final) quote on a project. Timely communication isn't their forte. Keeping the deadlines they set isn't either...

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Its unfortunate that there are delays while the US currency keeps plunging.

They might just end up out of reach for many people on this side of the pond...a very ironic twist given that currency values got my buying Czech Republic stuff in the first place

Randall Pleasant

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Was in touch with Jakub about 10 days ago. Seems he has been on the road for a fairly extend period and is trying to work through a backlog of emails and orders that need to go out now that he is off the road a bit. The ARMA Bohemia website was updated on November 18, 2007 so he's still alive and in the game at least.

The name of the group in question is "Arma Bohemia". I ask all of you to please not refer to them as "ARMA Bohemia" because it could give a false impression that the group is somehow a part of ARMA (The Association for Renaissance Martial Arts), which it is clearly not.

Thanks,

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Randall Pleasant wrote:
The name of the group in question is "Arma Bohemia". I ask all of you to please not refer to them as "ARMA Bohemia" because it could give a false impression that the group is somehow a part of ARMA (The Association for Renaissance Martial Arts), which it is clearly not.

Thanks,

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW

Has there been any confusion because of one person's capitalization of that word?

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Randall Pleasant wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Thanks,

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW

Ran,

I understand the reason for the concern on your part. Admittedly I had never noticed that they were Arma before. Not something that really mattered to me to be totally honest, but then again I'm not a part of ARMA.

Randall Pleasant

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Has there been any confusion because of one person's capitalization of that word?

No, so far there has been no confusion. In my most polite and most reasonable request I used the word "could" to imply that in the future the upper capitalizaiton could result in such confusion.

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW
Jakub Malovany

PostPosted: Mon 21 Apr, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Sorry for anwering so late...         Reply with quote

sorry for answering so late - when I am bussy or travelling, I am answering the whole bunch of e-mails once in a 1or 2 weeks and if there is some very specific question, which has to be consulted in the workshop, it will take some more time.

Please for patience. Your answers will not be forgotten.

last months I have been changing our internet provider, because the recent one had unsufficient servers and some e-mails heven´t been send or received. inbetween I was regularly without any broadband connection. I hope it will be better now.

if some e-mails cannot go through, there is an optional e-mail adress: armabohemia@hotmail.com (but is not checked as frequently as the main one)

thank you for your understanding and patience.

Jakub Malovany
Arma Bohemia

creator and owner of www.armabohemia.cz, swordfighter and theater/cinema stunt.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Contact info for Arma Bohemia
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic